CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Problem with my Browning B-80-SL
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:52 am 
Utility Grade

I have a 12GA Browning B-80-SL 421py09609 that will not shoot Winchester shells, Has anyone else had this problem? What can i do to fix it?

Post subject: Re: Problem with my Browning B-80-SL
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:58 am 
Crown Grade

What's it not doing? Firing, reliability, ejecting, feeding?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:21 am 

Is it the Winchester Universal shells that are 1 1/8oz from Wal Mart?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:05 am 
Utility Grade

some times it wont fire..never feeds or cycles...Yes the winchester shells...to light of a load perhaps?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:23 am 
Tournament Grade

The 100 pack winchesters are looooooose tolerance, steel based garbage. For cheap shells, you are much better off with something like remington gunclubs, or even gameloads. So long as your gun only malfunctions with the cheapo shells, you dont really have a problem. Shoot a box of STS's or AA's, and let us know how the gun works.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:25 pm 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

If the chamber is clean and the action lubricated and it will not cycle, check the crown of the crimpped part of the shell. If these are not beveled, it will not cycle. Some of the cheap shells are pretty sloppy in the crown of the crimp.

"A peculiar virtue in wildlife ethics is that the hunter ordinarily has no gallery to applaud or disapprove of his conduct. Whatever his acts, they are dictated by his own conscience, rather than by a mob of onlookers." Aldo Leopold

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:04 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Try giving a DETAILED description of EXACTLY what it does and doesn't do. Just saying it doesn't fire or never feeds or cycles is not much help. What other shells have you tried recently in the gun? How did they do? When did the gun last work correctly? What have you done to the gun since then? Etc, etc, etc.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:33 pm 
Tournament Grade

Or, the B80 may be set up with the 3" barrel and probably won't cycle the 2-3/4" promo loads.