CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Beretta 3901 American Ambassador
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:44 pm 
Utility Grade

Hello Everyone,
New to the forum and I am looking forward to hearing from all of you. I would like to buy a Beretta or Browning over/under. However, I do not have the necessary funds as of now. I do want to buy a Beretta 3901 American Ambassador. I wanted to know if anyone is familiar with this firearm. Also, I assume it is made in the U.S. Thoughts on all aspects will be appreciated. The intended use is a starter firearm for skeet, trap, sporting clays, light hunting(pheasants 2 or 3 times a year). Thanks in advance to all who reply. Also, thanks to Shotgun World for this forum. It's Great to live in the U.S.A. isn't it!

Post subject: Re: Beretta 3901 American Ambassador
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:28 pm 
Field Grade

its a winner. I have one in 12 and 20 ga. Took them to Argentina and they performed flawlessly.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:29 pm 

Welcome to SGW. The 3901 is pretty much the same gun as the old 390. It does not have the bolt lock lever on the left side of the receiver and the receiver only comes with the rounded back. Since it has the 390's operating system they do a good job at cycling a wide range of loads and are very reliable. They are a good value and a good choice for all around use.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:16 pm 
Utility Grade

I would like to thank the both of you for your replies. I will write again when I have more questions. Thanks again.