CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Diana Shotshells
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:33 am 
Tournament Grade

Does anyone have any experience with Diana brand shotshells. I bought a couple of cases of #8 target loads for $34 per case. I usually use the cheap Federal loads. I am hoping these are comparable.

DAve

Post subject: Re: Diana Shotshells
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:28 am 

I know some very good shooters who use these all the time. They must be doing something right because these guys can friggin shoot!

~ Al Capone ~

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:16 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I didn't know that they made shotshells, but RWS/Diana makes premium .22 match ammo and .177 airgun ammo. If their shotshells are of the same quality as their other ammo, it's a great product.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:07 pm 
Tournament Grade

Thanks for the feedback. I am no expert trap shooter but I will report on what I think of them after I have shot a couple hundred shells. I figured for the price I wouldn't lose much trying them out.

Dave

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:56 pm 
Utility Grade

I work with a university trap and skeet club and we purchased 20 flats of Diana shells (1 1/8 oz of 8's and 7 1/2's). We have had two shells that have come apart. It looks like the wall of the shell has been cut right below the edge of the metal base as the edge of the wall of the shell is completely smooth. It is not torn away from the base. The wall of the shell stayed in the chamber and the bottom of the shell was still in the receiver. The first separation occured in a Remington 1187 12 ga. trap gun the other in a Beretta 303 trap gun. Fortunately neither gun would close because the bottom of the shell was still in the receiver. I don't know what might have happened if that bottom piece would have been thrown out of the receiver. Would the incoming shell have pushed the wall of the shell forward far enough for the gun to close? I doubt that it would have but the possibility is worrisome. We will not buy any more Diana shells.

On the positive side the shells seem to work fine and the price was right. We bought the flats for $31.50 from a local supplier. I have been wondering if it would be worthwhile contacting the manufacture, but the shells are made in Spain so that might not be easy.

That is our experience.