CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Anyone know anything about a Rota shotgun?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:11 pm 
Field Grade

There is a guy selling a .410 model 411 for $500 on the net. Does anyone know anything about them? They are not listed on Tristar's web page.

Thanks,

John from MD

Post subject: Re: Anyone know anything about a Rota shotgun?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:21 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

The maker's name is Luciano Rota, and it is Italian. Other than that, I know nothing.

When I Googled Luciano Rota, something from the Tristar web site came up, but when I went there I couldn't find it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:41 pm 
Tournament Grade

Hey John:
I ran into a guy shooting a 12 gauge last week, he was trying it out before he bought it off a friend. He shot trap with me for 1 round then went off on 5 stand.
Looks like it's well made and he was happy with it he felt the price he was offered was more than fair and was going home to purchase the gun.

The gun had double triggers and looked like a 26 in barrel. I dont think it had screw in chokes either.

The reasearch the shooter did, was, that Rota is out of the business so parts may be hard to get.

I thought the gun was Spanish made as well.

If it were me I'd try and research the gun a bit more.

Good luck

Ray

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:47 am 
ID & Value Expert
ID & Value Expert

Luciano Rota guns were made in Brescia, Italy and imported by New England Arms of Kittery Point,Maine(maybe others?). They offer A&D boxlocks and boclocks with side plates. The ones that I have seen are rather nice guns and would be in the $800-$1000 range. I do not know if the company is still in business.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:48 pm 
Presentation Grade

Just bringing this back from the dead. I recently found a 12ga Rota 411F with English stock. It has a coined receiver, very nice wood, and appears to have "faux" sideplates, as I understand these guns are boxlocks?

Obviously there isn't too much information available, just wanted to see if anyone else knows something about these guns. This gun is in 95%+ condition and has screw in chokes, selling for $995 asking price at a local shop. The wood fit and engraving look pretty good to my untrained eye. I'd say the gun is right at 7lbs with it's 28" barrels, and shoulders nice and has good balance for me.

The other gun which interested me was the Churchill Kassnar Windsor I's they have at the same shop, from 28-12ga. All of these guns are also in nice shape...the difference being they don't have as nice a finish or wood as the Rota, and they don't have screw in chokes. Priced $750. I understand these guns to be made by Zabala. The 16ga appears to be made on the 12ga frame, but they all feel pretty nice and balance a bit better then the Rota (for me).

Opinions on either gun, and possibly what is preferred?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:57 pm 
Tournament Grade

chilly460 wrote:
Just bringing this back from the dead. I recently found a 12ga Rota 411F with English stock. It has a coined receiver, very nice wood, and appears to have "faux" sideplates, as I understand these guns are boxlocks?

Obviously there isn't too much information available, just wanted to see if anyone else knows something about these guns. This gun is in 95%+ condition and has screw in chokes, selling for $995 asking price at a local shop.

I can't tell you too much more other than to confirm that yes they are boxlocks, so it would have the false sideplates for engraving, but then this is pretty standard. The $995 price is exactly what Bluebook lists for 95% condition, so the price is not out of line. Tristar started importing these in 2003, so you have a very recent gun.

I have a friend who got 28ga one of these a couple of years ago and really likes it. He's not had a problem with it, but then again really only uses it for quail and occasional clays. Nice looking, well balanced gun.

Cheers,

Brad

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:12 pm 
Limited Edition

ill drag this one back again...I have one of these guns. and it has a broken sear, and i cant find any anywhere...got any ideas where to start?

mine was imported by Navy arms