CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: IVER JOHNSON 12 GAUGE SINGLE SHOT, SHOTGUN
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:41 am 
Utility Grade

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MUCH MY IVER JOHNSON 12 GAUGE SINGLE SHOT, SHOT GUN IS WORTH :?: I'VE HAD THIS IN THE BACK BEDROOM , PUT AWAY FOR SOME TIME NOW. HAVEN'T BEEN DOING ANY HUNTING FOR A LONG TIME. MIGHT AS WELL SELL IT :!: ITS IN VERY GOOD SHAPE :!: ANY IDEAS WHATS ITS WORTH :?: PLEASE E-MAIL ME OR INSTANT MESSAGE, WITH YAHOO OR MSN MESSENGER.
THANKS,
ROD

Post subject: Re: IVER JOHNSON 12 GAUGE SINGLE SHOT, SHOTGUN
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:07 am 
Crown Grade

You should post this in the "Gun ID & Value" forum. However, "...very good shape..." isn't enough information to give a value. The figure that will determine the value is the percent original finish remaining. Have someone knowledgable look it over and give you that figure before you post.

For what it's worth, most of the Iver Johnsons are pretty well worn, and only the small gauges have any real value. The typical 12 gauge, in about 60% condition, is a $75 - $100 gun.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:22 am 
Utility Grade

wwb, THANKS, FOR THE INFORMATION ON THE SHOTGUN. THATS ALL I REALLY WANTED TO KNOW. ALL I WANT TO DO IS GET AN IDEA ON HOW MUCH IT MIGHT BE WORTH. I'M JUST GOING TO PUT IT UP FOR SALE, IN THE LOCAL NEWSPAPER. AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS, ON A $60.00 O.B.O., AD.
THANKS AGAIN,
ROD

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:38 am 
Crown Grade

Hello sporthd68: Your question is kind of vague! Kind of like me telling you I have a old chevy, what's it worth.

Iver Johnsons came with some options! If yours has a 32 inch barrel, a matted rib, or happens to be a single barrel Trap gun, someone will get a very good deal at $60.00 !!!

Regards Dave

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:20 pm 
Crown Grade

only winchesters wrote:
....Iver Johnsons came with some options! If yours has a 32 inch barrel, a matted rib, or happens to be a single barrel Trap gun, someone will get a very good deal at $60.00 !!!

True.... I should have considered that. I automatically assumed "Champion", since that's 99+%of the IJs out there.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:46 pm 
Utility Grade

IT HAS A 28 INCH BARREL, AND ALL IT SAYS ON THE BARREL , "12 GAUGE CHOKE BORE BARREL, BARREL AND LUG FORGED N ONE", DOES THIS MEAN ANYTHING, OR WORTH ANYTHING AT ALL??
THANKS,
ROD

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:04 pm 
Crown Grade

Hello sporthd68: "choke bore" they all have that. they all had a "full choke. sounds like the typical Iver Johnson single shot in average condition, as long as it locks up tight should bring $50-$75 without much problem. Of course it's worth double that in parts.

Regards dave

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:08 pm 
Utility Grade

OK, THANKS, FOR EVERYBODYS HELP!! BEEN A BIG HELP TO ME!!
THANKS AGAIN,
ROD