It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 7:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: US to UK Import
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:28 am 
Field Grade

Sorry if this has been covered. I notice over countrys have been but not this.

Im looking for an Browning Auto 5. Id like to get the final production one but Im seeing nothing in the Uk apart from old 50s, 60s, 70s guns.

So Im thinking maybe the only place to get one would be the US, then crimp it down to 3 shot.

Has anyone imported a gun from the US to the UK?

Tim

Post subject: Re: US to UK Import
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:14 am 
Presentation Grade

No,but I have imported a shotgun from the USA to NZ.I called the dept of commerce (who regulate the export of shotguns),they said no export license required as long as the barrel was over 18" long.I imagine its the same for the UK.Individuals here can import firearms,but I have a feeling you might have to arrange for import through a firearms dealer.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:37 pm 
Field Grade

Caerlonie wrote:
No,but I have imported a shotgun from the USA to NZ.I called the dept of commerce (who regulate the export of shotguns),they said no export license required as long as the barrel was over 18" long.I imagine its the same for the UK.Individuals here can import firearms,but I have a feeling you might have to arrange for import through a firearms dealer.

Cheers for the advice. Ill check it out, ta

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:10 pm 
Tournament Grade

Wishing you luck. I have had hit and miss purchases from US. Never bought an entire gun, just parts from various suppliers. However, my last request, for nothing more than a shotgun butt stock plate, was refused. Reason - we do not ship to Canada. I was a bit surprised and enquired further but the order was still refused. The real annoyance is that the part cannot do anything but be screwed onto a piece of wood. It is not a "firearm". It is a part for a shotgun that was made in 1907 so you have to know that such parts are in very short supply. Still, no matter the arguments made, this supplier will not ship to Canada. If anyone happens to know a supplier who will ship to Canada and also has a "Parker #2 butt plate with spur", I want to hear from you.

Hunt ethically, eat heartily.

Regards, Jack
Image[/img]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:37 am 
Presentation Grade

They will not ship a buttplate to Canada?.Thats just bizarre.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:35 am 
Tournament Grade

I had trouble believing it too. However, no butt plate for me from the only source I have found to have one. Oh well, the old Parker still shoots well, with or without a complete butt plate. Maybe the broken original adds character !! Regards, Jack

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:34 pm 
Diamond Grade

Jcronk

Don't you know anyone in US who would recieve it then re-pack it and send it on? :?:

Dave

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:26 pm 
Tournament Grade

I know a couple folks. I envision hangups clearing customs and losing the item through seizure, even though it is nothing more than a piece of plastic or bakelite. Still working on it though. We'll see. Jack

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:08 pm 
Tournament Grade

jcronk,

Which dealer was that?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:23 am 
Utility Grade

TimGuyUK wrote:
Sorry if this has been covered. I notice over countrys have been but not this.

Im looking for an Browning Auto 5. Id like to get the final production one but Im seeing nothing in the Uk apart from old 50s, 60s, 70s guns.

So Im thinking maybe the only place to get one would be the US, then crimp it down to 3 shot.

Has anyone imported a gun from the US to the UK?

Tim

Hi Tim,

Did you get your Auto 5 in the end from the US? I'm asking as it's something I think is worthwhile doing for a good A5.

Cheers

Dave W

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:58 pm 
Field Grade

Importing from the US to the UK is next to impossible, I've tried it. Why bother, the best Auto 5's were made at the FN factory and the best years for quality were the 1950's so see if you can find a sleeper.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:01 pm 
Field Grade

Tim, if you want a really nice Auto 5 from the UK I've got one for sale.

Paul