CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Winchester M12
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:58 pm 
Field Grade

I'm seeing if someone can peg a date of manufacture for a Winchester M12 that I own. Serial # 1635XXX. It's in relatively good condition -about 90% or so. Any idea of value on this- I've heard wildly conflicting estimate. It has the "corncob" forend, a 30" full choke barrel and is chambered for 2 3/4" only. Its an old family heirloom thats seen more storage than use- I believe the only person who used it more than myself was a great uncle and he died many years before I was born. Any help from a Winchester guru is appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Winchester M12
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:31 pm 
Presentation Grade

1955...Im assuming its a 12ga and it sounds like a typical field grade gun, 30in ,full choke, plain uncheckered wood, grooved forend...in 90% condition I value it around 325-375

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:59 am 
Field Grade

Thanks!!! Maybe my uncle didn't use it more that me- he died in 57.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:58 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

For what it is worth, I bought one that sounds about like yours from a local store last year. $350 plus tax and transfer fee. They ask quite a bit more than that at the local gun shows.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:54 pm 
Field Grade

Thanks for the responses. Turns out my uncle died in Dec. 55 in a plane crash in Japan. Gun was returned with several others in his personal effects. Probably saw very little use over there. It was stored for years by my paternal grandmother and grandfather and later given to my father who perhaps shot it 20 times in as many years. Was given to me sometime around '94 and I've probably put about 500 rounds through the gun over the last 12 years. Beautiful old gun and shoots like a dream, they don't make them like this anymore. Now knowing its value isn't significant (at least monetary) I'll just keep on enjoying this thing by shooting it.