CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: AV Maroccini
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 2:42 pm 
Utility Grade

I am trying to find out info about an O/U made by AV Maroccini. It is labeld 12g 'Mod Sturdy' with 3" chambers, ejectors, fixed chokes, and dual triggers. A have been searching for info about this gun without much success. There have been a couple references to this gun on this site (pretty much the only info I have found), but wondered if someone might know more. Should I assume that it has modified chokes (I haven't been able to measure yet)? Does anyone have any experience with this gun? In general, should I worry about buying a gun with so little information available about it? TIA. Any info I could get would be greatly appreciated.
Kevin

Post subject: Re: AV Maroccini
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:49 am 
ID & Value Expert
ID & Value Expert

This is not much help but the only refference to Armi Maroccini that I can find in my files says that Mariccini guns were made by Brescia. Now Brescia is not a maker. It is a city in Italy where there many makers. One of these is Brescia Armas.

Also,and this is not probably related, Kienguenther's of Seguin,TX used the trade name "Brescia" on guns that they imported from Italy.

Sorry that I could not help more.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:42 pm 
Utility Grade

This is what people have sent to me so far. Thought I would post it in case anyone was interested or searched this thread in the future. I am still trying to figure out what the fixed chokes are.

Shotgun imported by FIE which was in Hialeah FL and went bankrupt in 1990. Some recommend Haritage Manufacturing in Opa Locka FL or Numrich Gun Parts in NY.
The 'Sturdy' was built for import
-12 or 20 ga, 3 in chambers, 28 in barrel, vent rib, engraved silver receiver, double triggers, extractors, manufactured by Maroccini of Italy. Imported 1985-1988.
Grading 100% 98% 95% 90% 80% 70% 60%
$300 $275 $250 $235 $220 $205 $190

Last price new was sold was $350

Sounds like I would rather have a Marocchi than a Maroccini. It quite the asthetically pleasing gun.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:37 pm 
Utility Grade

Not that I wanted to resurrect a 5 y/o thread but I saw an A V Maroccini in a gun shop today and wanted to find out something about it myself. My first search brought me here and further looking I found the fixed chokes are full over modified and the mod barrel fires first. they were imported in 1983 and I have found them for sale from $350 to $500 and one guy said he wouldn't take $1k for his, and no one had offered either.
The one I fondled was a very nice specimen, fit & finish was VG and it looked like it was a safe queen.
I recently asked here about an old Breda Brescia semi auto 20 I've had for a while and just recently got some use from shooting some clay birds and plan to do some feathers with it as well. I have never been a "wing shooter" by any stretch, but this gun got me to understand how to point it and not try to aim it. On top of all that there is virtually no recoil thanks to the long action inertia recoil system. I bought it at a gun show for cheap because it was 99% and has great lines.
I guess I'm just a sucker for curvy Italian women and shotguns, especially ones that aren't going to break the bank.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:04 am 
Crown Grade

Good luck with that - every curvey Italian woman I ever met, broke my bank.... :roll: But worth every penny, though ;) :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:21 pm 
Utility Grade

AV Maroccini does not exist. It is an A. V. Marocciui. "2010 Standard For Firearms" Catalog lists the imports through FIE in Miami FL (which did shut down in 1990) with 'Sturdy' as being a Marocchi. No listing for 'Mod Sturdy', which im sure yours says on the right side of the barrels. Built in chokes are Mod/Full as most older Italian bird guns were.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:20 pm 
Crown Grade

My 1984 edition of Camera di Commercio Industria Artigianato e Agricoltura, Ditte Operanti con L'estero lists the firm of:

A. V. Maroccini Luciano
via Giovanni Pascoli, 148
25063 Gardone V.T.
Italy

as a manufacturer of hunting and target shotguns ( costruzione fucili da caccia e tiro).

AFAIK, A. V. Maroccini Luciano ceased operations some years ago. This firm should not be confused with Marocchi Armi located in Sarezzo, Italy a few Km south of Gardone. In addition to their own designs, Marocchi Armi, AKA CD (Classic Doubles) Europe S.r.l. also
produces the Valmet designed Model FinnClassic 512s O/U, O/U double rifle & O/U rifle-shotgun combo.

I find no listings past or present for a gunmaker bearing the name, "A. V. Marocciui".

DF

Montani Semper Liberi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:05 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

So, what the hell is it then. It's got to be something?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:05 pm 
Crown Grade

If jaffo saw an A.V. Maroccini, he saw an O/U made by A.V. Maroccini during the 1980's.
That company is now out of business and has been for over twenty years.

DF

Montani Semper Liberi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:08 am 
Utility Grade

How do I throw some pics up for this?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:16 am 
Utility Grade

Marocciui wrote:
How do I throw some pics up for this?
I'll do it for you, becourse I've severel quistions for this shotgun. I own one of these shotguns and need info about it..:
Quote:
we have found out that Brescia mfg /A.V.Maroccini was owned by Browning mfg
and the co was in Bresica Italy they shut down in the 80s.
The model would be the name of the person building it / A.V.Maroccini there are
more Italian shot guns out there made like this / Brescia/ Browing mfg.
Value range's from $250-$1000 pending on the shape it's in

Is this correct?
Quote:
Breda shotgun mod. AVMaroccini Shotgun 12 ga stålstænger 70cm "komprimeret" Breda B4
???
Quote:
The Acciaio Breda simply means "Breda Steel". Societa' Ernesto Breda was a large steel making concern, having Blast Furnaces, Rolling Mills, etc; similar to Vickers or Krupp, they also made Artillery, Locomotives,Rolling stock, heavy machinery, and Small Arms (mostly Machine Guns and small machine cannon). Their steel was also supplied to other Italian Gunmakers for use in barrels,receivers and parts. Just as "Kruppstahl" was a German mark of quality steel in gunbarrels for the civilian market, "Acciaio Breda" had the same significance in Italian Sporting Guns.
The exact type of steel is "B-4", --- chrome-steel barrels ("canone chrome").

The Gun itself was made by "Fabbrica Nazionale D'Armi, SRL" or translated, "National Arms Factory,(private company)" a common usage name for a group of small gunmakers acting as a joint venture under a private corporate structure.
Most shotguns out of Italy have always been made by small firms or individuals; and the actual name on the gun as maker sometimes is but an "assembler", as the individual components may be made by several suppliers. Only the larger companies such as Beretta, Pedrazzini, etc, have large, integrated factories making all components and assembling them under "the one roof" by skilled gunmakers.
In the Industrial Register of Gardone Val Trompia (home of Beretta etc) there are 106 ( 2005 count)individual gunmaking concerns, most of them family or one-man operations.
???

My shotgun pictures:

Others pictures (Same shotgun as mine):
-

I have a 12-70? or 76?..
    1360 Gram or 1,360 Kg? Or is it the bar?. If I read the stamp correct the shotgun is from 1988 [AT] http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=73492
    AV Maroccini A V Maroccwi A V Marocculi? There are many suggestions.. http://www.earmi.it/armi/database/brand_m.htm
    I need suggestion to what caliber it is, (70 or 76) because it is almost impossible to read on the barrel?
    Is it normal for this shotgun not to reset the "secura" button then reloading the shotgun (is it broke)?

Could someone help me out what maker, new price, history it has?