CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Winchester 1300 Ranger
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 10:01 pm 
Utility Grade

Would like another opinion on a Winchester 1300 Ranger 12 gauge 28" barrel that I am looking at. How does it compare to the Remington 870 Express? I can pick up a brand new 1300 in the box for $220, and was wondering how that price is? Thanks in advance! <p></p><i></i>

Post subject: Re: Winchester 1300 Ranger
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2003 10:33 pm 
Ornithology Expert

I considered a Winn 1300 for a while recently but decided to pass. I concluded that this gun is a good design, but the build quality is not up to par. I looked at two, one was the Upland model, and the stocks had file marks and rough edges. Still not giving up I looked at a synthetic model, but this one had an action that jammed when the gun was cycled empty. It might have been on the shelf too long, or it might have been a real problem. That is my two cents on 1300s. Had the shop had another synthetic model that cycled right, I would have bought it. <p></p><i></i>

-bob

Post subject: Re: Winchester 1300 Ranger
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 9:16 pm 
Field Grade

I have too agree with pumper seeing as one of my friends family swears by Winchester. But this last deer season I had my 870 and they all had their winchesters, the thing is they had to oil the actions before every run or else they ran into the problem of the actions freezing up, I only oiled mine a couple nights the whole season. Spending a little more on the 870 probably isn't a bad idea seeing as you can also get the deer and regular barrel combination. <p></p><i></i>