CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Best choke tubes?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:58 pm 
Diamond Grade

Anyone have any particular preferences for the Brileys over the TruLocks? Or any other brand that I haven't heard about? And is there an online/mailorder source that's reputable?

I'm looking to pick up some 20 ga tubes to augment the IC, Mod, and Full that my LX-500 came with--skeet and IM are tops on my list. I know that since BCO folded, they're obviously no longer a source. Is there any other source that anyone knows of for the factory tubes?

Any and all advice is most welcome.

Post subject: Re: Best choke tubes?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:13 pm 
Tournament Grade

You can't go wrong with Trulock...They are top quality and have top notch customer service!! The price ir pretty good as well :lol: ...I have skt in both barels of my LX-500 20ga and LOVE them ..I also have their chokes on both my auto and other O/U...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:15 pm 
Field Grade

i've been using seminole chokes on my lx702, but the decision was based mostly on cosmetics because seminole extended chokes are black in color with a slimmer colored ring to notate the constriction. they work great, but again this was pretty much just a factor of looks. im sure all the other ones are just as good, and you can pick them up a great prices at cdnninvestments. cheers.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:28 pm 
Limited Edition

Chomp-n-Choke
Edit: i just realize that while they make a exelent choke their company name could also double for a description to the play of the St. Louis Blues this year. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:05 pm 
Diamond Grade

Thanks for all the advice. I see that CDNN Sports is blowing out their Verona factory tubes for $9.99 and the Brileys for $19.99. Pretty hard to beat those prices, eh? Anyone ever bought from them? I also heard a rumor that the Sig Sauer Aurora chokes would fit Verona LX thread and depth. Are there any other makers whose tubes interchange with the Verona LX tubes?

With BCO belly up, I'm eager to get all the tubes I might need while they're still relatively plentiful. I'm hopeful that the new Savage Milano line will maintain the same thread pitch and depth so that their tubes will interchange.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:07 am 
Field Grade

yes the sig aurora and the lx chokes interchange at least they do from seminole, they fit my verona and my sig, has worked out well for me.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:04 am 
Crown Grade

I have both Briley and Trulock and I prefer the Trulock.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:55 pm 
Diamond Grade

Thanks again for all the info.

I just heard back from CDNN: they are totally sold out of all 20 ga Verona LX tubes.

Anyone know of any other sources for tubes? Especially cheap sources?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:12 am 
Field Grade

Call PMC ammo. I just got in a new set of spectrum (by briley I think) chokes that came from them. They came in today actually. I got a set of M, IC, SK and CYL. I'm not sure the number, but I think I got the number off of the veronashotguns.com website. Envelope said BC Outdoors PO Box 61497 Boulder City NV. They were about $20 apiece. The gal on the phone wasn't all that helpful, and it took a good five weeks for them to get here, but they arrived none the less. Check it out.

Scott

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:13 am 
Tournament Grade

Anyone know the thread type/size, for the 501 choke tubes? I don't have a thread gauge.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:07 am 

Quote:

Anyone know the thread type/size, for the 501 choke tubes? I don't have a thread gauge.

I know when you order the Briley and/or the Trulocks, you just simply have to order the Verona LX choke tubes and they will fit right in!!!!!

The SX tubes are for the auto-loaders. Really no need to know the thread type/size.

Those that can, do.......because they had good teachers.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:08 pm 
Tournament Grade

hoselayer wrote:
Quote:

I know when you order the Briley and/or the Trulocks, you just simply have to order the Verona LX choke tubes and they will fit right in!!!!!

Here in lies the problem. Neither Briley or Trulock, offer them in 16ga. However, I see that Colonial Arms offers 16ga chokes, that fit installations using .718 x 44 Double Lead Thread

So, what I would like to know, is (other than bore size) is this the correct thread type/size choke tube, for the Verona LX501 series shotguns.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 11:17 pm 
Diamond Grade

No, it's not. There's another factor to consider besides diameter and TPI: Verona chokes are threaded at the muzzle end, not the end closest to the chamber--unlike most other screw-in choke configurations. So you're also dealing with the overall length of the tube and the placement of the threads on that length. As far as I know, the only other models that they will interchange with are the Sig Aurora and Rizzini chokes.

They're not easy to find. I can't seem to locate them on the PMC Ammo site that a previous poster recommended. I'll let you know if my ongoing exploration turns up a source.