CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Lanber 2097 manual in English?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:53 pm 
Utility Grade

Just brought home my new 2097 from my FFL dealer, opened the box and found that the manual is 90 percent in Spanish. The pictures are pretty explanatory but would still like to read the damn manual. Never owned a O/U and I have a couple questions. One, on the safety there is a slide switch that I assume is for choosing the barrels. They show one notch on one side and two on the other. Is the one notch for the top barrel and two for the bottom for visa versa. Also what type of lubricant do you guys recomend? I use Hoppe's # 8 for all of my guns with the exception of my AR which I use CLP and Duralube. Thanks in advance, Joe :D

Post subject: Re: Lanber 2097 manual in English?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:57 am 
Presentation Grade

Another 2097 joins the group! .. Yes, two dots on the slide switch fires the lower barrel first - one dot, top barrel first.
What you are already using for lubricant sounds good to me. You want to keep the hinge pins well lubed with grease - I use Mobil 1 but any good grease will work.
Congrats on your new 2097! ..

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:50 am 
Diamond Grade

My 2097 was very tight on the hinge when i first brought it home. Thought opening and closing would loosen it up. I was wrong. I then put some grease (choke thread grease in my case) on the two hinge points. Smooth as silk ever since.

You're gonna love it. It is a great gun for the price.

Oh, and the translation for all the pictures' text is near the back of the manual.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:22 am 
Utility Grade

The action is tight. Put some tetra gun grease in there. Took the stock off and greased in there too. Went to shoot some clays today and shot 14 out of 25, I suck. Going out again tommorow to see if I can improve on this. Auto safety didn't bug me like I thought it would, I actually like it. The shotgun is nice quality especially for the money. This forum helped in my decision to buy a Lanber. Now I'm one of you and thinking of getting a Lanber semi-auto. Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:08 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I'm with you about the auto safety. After a few goofs, it very quickly became second nature to take the safety off as I mount. It is a safety feature, and easy to deal with. I am leaving it as is.

And I can't wait to try the semi!

Gary

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 2:12 pm 
Presentation Grade

i too was disappointed in the manual, i thought for sure they would put english translation under the pix but it was no big deal really, just an expectation on my part.
the gun shoots great and like some of the other replies i too found the action really tight when out of the box. it's been a week and a flat of shells through the gun with liberal applciation of pro gold grease each time we shoot. the action has loosened up substantially to the point where it's very comfortable to open and close. the gun belongs to my 12 yr old son and he really struggled with breaking the gun the 1st time he used it, now he can break it and close it with very little effort and can assemble and breakdown the gun no problem. he's also responsible for cleaning the gun after use and he's doing a great job. runs through his brush and patches and gets the bore to a mirror shine. this last time we broke out the johnson's paste wax for another treatment and he loved how the stock came out so silky smooth after a good rubbing. then he popped in his snap cap and practised mounting and dry firing the gun a bunch more.........the kid is a good shooter and has good form, thanks to his coaches at the trap club, the lanber will last him a loooonnnng time.