CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Kemen (Perazzi)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:54 pm 
Crown Grade

I Know I know, its a Krieghoff and Perazzi site, but since the Kemen so closely resembles the Perazzi, I am looking for some insite! I am working on a good deal on a KM-4 and like the embellishment's somewhat better than the standard MX8 but have no experience with service, warranty, durablility questions.
Sera, you may have some thoughts, any info would be appreciated.

RTA48

Post subject: Re: Kemen (Perazzi)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:07 pm 
Tournament Grade

All of them that I have seen have been purchased, fitted, etc at Traverse City. A few owners have been happy and a few have not.

For me, it would take a very substantial savings in the price to consider buying one instead of a MX8 based gun---much more so than the new gun price difference, but perhaps available used.

Gregg535

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:28 pm 
Crown Grade

Randy: The Kemens...if bought for a good price...are great guns.BUT most I have seen had an asking price of a Perazzi and they won't resell like a Perazzi.

They have a Boss style lockup, and great (Perazzi like balance/dynamics) and MOST of them come w/ a .740 bore.

I really don't ever want a SC gun that is not overbored.That is one feature that makes a difference to me.

You should see the patterns I get w/ IC and Lt Mod...and I use Mod for FITASC and am never underchoked.My guess, is that the bigger bores cause less scrubbing, less pellets get out of round and they all stay in the pattern.I don't know the science but I have seen the effect on the pattern board and on broken clays.

Off track for a sec there.Sorry.If you can get a good price , they are good guns...if you gotta pay Perazzi prices, get a Perazzi.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:16 pm 
Presentation Grade

sera i have heard that some overbored barrels do not perform well with lighter loads (1 ounce and under), especially the international loads for skeet/trap. have you tried you overbore guns with any of these types of loads/ what where youre results?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:24 pm 
Crown Grade

Max: My gun throws Mod type patterns w/ 1 1/8 oz 2 3/4 dram loads--Win Light Targets 1145 fps-- from IC choke.I shoot mostly 1250 fps AA's in 1 1/8 oz loads(the Superhandicaps) and those hotter loads still pattern pretty tight thru IC choke.

I have shot 1280 and 1350 one oz loads(for FITASC and Compac) using Mod choke and like the way they pattern,too.

I have not patterned 1 oz 1200 fps loads, but my guess is that they'll throw some tight patterns.

My K 80 has .740 bores--marked, .742 actual.