CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: BSA Shotguns
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 12:04 pm 
Presentation Grade

Does anyone know who is actually making the current O/U shotgun being sold under the BSA name? The one I saw looked very Yildiz, but I'm not sure???

Post subject: Re: BSA Shotguns
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:38 am 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

I believe it may be Spanish

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:50 am 
Crown Grade

from the BSA website....

Quote:
Rock-solid reliability, flawless crafting and outstanding value make the BSA Semi-Auto 200 (and 300SM) Series the new industry standard. Made in Turkey, compare this economically priced semi-auto shotgun to any other European gun in reliability, value and features. You will realize quickly why it is destined to become the industry standard. Rock-solid reliability, flawless crafting and outstanding value.

They're even using the old Pylarm trade mark: I can think of at least three members of this forum who will be quietly weeping.

Eug (Sniff)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:00 am 
Presentation Grade

Bloody disgraceful,

the last bastion of true British gunmaking sullied by cheap foreigh imports - have they no shame - I guess this is what we have been reduced to, supply and demand and the need to stay in business. Typical of the 21st Century we now live in :roll:

Jonty

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:30 am 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

Eugene, I think the O/U & S/S are made in Spain,I was in Small Heath last week and the majority of people were speaking Spanish ( I think :? )I also noticed a lot of Muslims but it being Easter perhaps they were over here celebrating with their children who are studying at Aston & Birmingham Uni.Before going back home I assume.
Ha! Shropshire, unspoiled, unchanged,unreal, lost in time, step back in time, back to poverty,Visit Telford and realise how well off you are.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:34 am 
Crown Grade

Pierre,

It's time we had jar together; how are you fixed for weekdays at The Boyne?

Eug

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 12:57 am 
Tournament Grade

The Birmingham Small Arms Company (BSA) was a British manufacturer of military equipment and vehicles. They now make or import just about everything but the kitchen sink. (But you guys already knew that, huh?....OK, just my two cents.)

They also import shotguns from different manufacturers

The Regent O/U is still made in England I believe; however, I can't confirm or deny its origin.

The BSA O/U Classic is imported from Spain as quoted from Outdoor Life Magazine in 2004.

Most of the current lines of BSA O/U shotguns are Made In Turkey by Khan/Centurion.

[[[[Established in 1985, the Khan Shotguns Company is a part of one of the greatest gunsmithing tradition in Turkey, located in Üzümlü/Konya, where the center of Turkish shotgun clusters are.]]]]

We tried to purchase some BSA's for the Houston OHH Sporting Clays Tournament for Door Prizes last month.......our dealer in New York told me that he gets them from Century Arms and that the inventory is very low. He also told me that if you look at the Khan/Centurions and the BSA it should be a no brainer. I did look at them......the same firearm.

The Khans are getting scarce since they started making shotguns for Mossberg now. The Mossberg Silver Reserve is a Khan.

I've purchased a few of these firearms and I have to say that I'm impressed with the quality for the price. Technology is a wonderful thing. The Turks have all those metal mines and make tons of springs, gears, and hardware doo-dads. Most of us are unaware of the amount of metal products that come from Turkey with someone else’s Trademark on the product. With CAD-CAM design and machining they are producing quality merchandise.

I just purchased another Khan/Centurion in 28 GA and it's a beauty. At 6lbs. it swings fast

Just a heads up..... Birmingham Small Arms has filed for Creditor protection in Florida.

Please be advised that BSA Imports, LLC has commenced an Assignment for the Benefit of Creditors pursuant to Chapter 27, Florida Statutes and is no longer conducting business. ____________________________________

So if you want a English BSA, I would encourage you to purchase the Regent O/U from a dealer in England.

Now stay tuned for Ancient underwater basket weaving on the Tankerdog History Channel. (Snicker...Snicker)

Later guys...it's getting Bloody late over here across the big pond so I'm hitting the hay.

Tankerdog

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 7:44 pm 
Presentation Grade

Thank you. I thought it looked Khan but the selector switch is different than that on my Arthemis supreme and the center rib is vented and mine is not. It did however have a familiar feel to it. I gotta say, I like my Khan for the money as well and would buy another.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 8:41 pm 
Crown Grade

I would stay away from any of the Turkish-made shotguns that were imported within the past year or so by BSA Imports.

Last summer, they recalled their autoloader, for firing out of battery:

http://www.webcom.com/gun_guy/recalls.htm#BSA1

As mentioned earlier, BSA Imports is now out of business:

http://www.bsaimports.com/

Since there's no shortage of inexpensive shotguns being imported from the far corners of the globe, surely there's a better deal than an orphan gun from the defunct BSA Imports...

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 10:05 pm 
Tournament Grade

Thanks for the info WinM12.

I looked up your hyperlink. That was for the 200 series semi-auto.

I believe the Over and Under were not included in this recall. Only the semi-auto models.

However; I'm going to be extra careful since you've brought this to our attention.

Thanks for the heads up.

Tank.

Post subject: re: BSA Shotguns
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:58 pm 
Utility Grade

I bought A century Centurion o/u 12 ga Abought 5 weeks ago. I have been shooting skeet with it. I really like It So far I have only put about 2,000 rounds through it. :D :D :D It seems to be a very good quality gun. I don"t see a problem with it lasting for many years.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:23 pm 
Tournament Grade

that is interesting the BSA shotguns available here in Oz are E Rizzini's

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 8:15 pm 
Presentation Grade

Avoid them.....a buddy of mine picked up a cheap O/U BSA for his son and the first time he took it to the field one of the firing pins broke. It is now back with BSA for repair. Not too great of quality if you ask me.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:09 am 
Crown Grade

Are not the 28 gauge BSA and Charles Daly auto shotguns not the same shotgun made in Turkey?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:02 pm 
Utility Grade

I have just recently bought a used BSA Classic SxS and I am having trouble with it. can anyone suggest how I can get in touch with BSA or Z.H. , I've tried using there web site with no luck, and I relize thayt BSA imports is defunct.
Any help would be appreciated.
Camsworld

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 11:20 pm 
Presentation Grade

The BSA o/u had a rave review about 2 months ago in one of the leading shooting mags over here.

Apparently the quality is far better than the reviewer expected and the gun apparently handles very well indeed. Just a bit plain looking.

Leeboy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:51 pm 
Field Grade

Hey if any of you giys can help I would appreciate it.

a buddy of mine bought a BSA O/U at a gun show, its the Falcon Sporting, sayas made in Spain (guess that's a good thing), nice enough gun, but after a couple thousand rounds the lower ejector where the lip of the shell fits is worn out and shells slip past it and don't eject.

any ideas on who ccan fix it?

thanks

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:36 pm 
Utility Grade

the BSA is a spanish shotgun. i bought one just the other day, a 20 gauge side by side and i love it. its real smooth and the action is not to tight for being brand new. i got it for only 300 dollars at my work. i think its the best investment i have made so far.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:43 pm 
Utility Grade

i bought the bsa classic side by side a few days ago and i have been shooting skeet with it and i love it. i payed 300 dollars for it brand new at my work to make room for the 2008 models. the only problem is going to be finding choke tubes for it can anyone help me?