CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Remington Sportsman 58 Grading
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:05 pm 
Utility Grade

How can you tell the difference in grading a Remington Sportsman 58? ADL, BDL, Premier... etc I think there were like 6 or 7 different grades. These are the 2 I'm trying to figure out.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... m=47569758

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... m=47517288

-Adam

Post subject: Re: Remington Sportsman 58 Grading
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:08 pm 
Diamond Grade

The ADL was the base model. The BDL was the same as the ADL except it had higher grade wood. The Tournament and Premier grades all had vent rib barrels, higher grade wood, finer grade checkering and finer engraving. Standard Skeet grade had a vent rib barrel and a specially designed skeet stock and fore-end but was otherwise very much like the ADL. The Skeet Target, Skeet Tournament and Skeet Premier were all pretty much custom guns with each one becoming progressively finer in terms of wood, checkering and engraving.
As for the two you're looking at, I'd say the first one is a BDL based on the better wood and ADL style checkering. I think $895 is WAY too much. I'd say $350-$450 is more in the ballpark. The second one is an ADL. In my opinion it's a $275-$350 gun.

Post subject: Re: Remington Sportsman 58 Grading
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:06 am 
ID & Value Expert
ID & Value Expert

The seller is way off base on his values. He is offering a Browning A5 for $2495 on the same site. He must be some sort of rookie or a nut case.

There is no collector interest in either of his M58s, even though they are clean guns.