CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A. H. FOX CE MODEL DOUBLE BARREL SHOTGUN - VALUE?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:47 pm 
Utility Grade

I have a Ansley H. Fox Double Barrel Shotgun. I know it is old. My father had it all my life (65 years) (he is now deceased). It is beautiful gun with very fancy scribing on it. I have researched it a little and think it is a 1906 CE model. There is a C and the serial number stamped on the receiver or main body of the gun. I have 2 barrels, 28" and 32" with automatic ejectors plus the wooden part under the barrel. All four pieces have the same serial - 15895. I think it is in great condition... there is a very slight wear on the trigger guard. Does anyone have an idea of this gun's value.

Thanks,

Phil

Post subject: Re: A. H. FOX CE MODEL DOUBLE BARREL SHOTGUN - VALUE?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:27 pm 
ID & Value Expert
ID & Value Expert

Your fox was made in 1911, and value will be from $5,000 to $8,000, depending on many things, such as condition and originallity, stock style barrel steel and weight amount of case color etc. This type of gun really needs an in hand appraisal.. Bushrod