CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hunter Arms - Fulton 12 ga Double - info wanted, please
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 5:34 pm 
Field Grade

I'm buynig an old double 12 ga marked Hunter Arms - Fulton. It's 28", M & F, There is some damage to the stock, but it's shootable. The blue is there, but dull, and the lock area seems to be in te white or maybe plated with something. The gun feels very good in my hands. SN is 213xx, cost $265.
Shop owner has a few inexpensive old doubles, 12 and 16 ga, and told me thie is a very good gun.
I want it for upland and small game, this gun just had the best "feel" for me.

Any help or information is appreciated.

Thanks.

Mark

Post subject: Re: Hunter Arms - Fulton 12 ga Double - info wanted, please
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 6:55 pm 
ID & Value Expert
ID & Value Expert

The Fulton was made from 1915 to 1945, that paticular gun was made in 1920. It is one of the best utility grade shotguns ever made in the U.S... It should last you a lifetime.. Bushrod

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 6:55 pm 
ID & Value Expert
ID & Value Expert

The Fulton was made from 1915 to 1945, that paticular gun was made in 1920. It is one of the best utility grade shotguns ever made in the U.S... It should last you a lifetime.. Bushrod

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 7:19 pm 
Tournament Grade

Here is a link with some good info on Fulton and Fulton Special doubles-

http://www.lcsmith.org/shotguns/1913grades.html

the reason the receiver appears to be "in the white" is that it originally had case coloring on it. The original rainbow like finish is easily worn off over time, giving the lighter appearance.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 5:39 pm 
Field Grade

Thank you for your help. This gun just immediately "felt good" in my hands, and it seems to move more easily than any other double there. I don't know if that makes sense, but I think you shotgunners might know what I mean.

It's also a very good looking gun, again, it just looks "right".
It will go walking the fields with me this fall.
I think it's a well spent $265.

Thanks again for your help.

Mark
PS: Thanks for the link to the LC Smith site. I had looked their forum befpre posting here,and evidently they don't wish to deal with anything as low as a Fulton.
But thanks anyway.

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 9:08 am 
Field Grade

Just a final post on this gun - it cleaned up beautifully, the wood is extremely nice under 86 years of crud, and Break Free CLP got enough old grease out of the action to make the gun even smoother. There is a name stamped on the left lock -
"Keystone Arms" - Probably the retailer.

Still about 40% case hardening color under the grease, and everything matches and functions.Minor repairs to the stock under way, then time to pattern this gun.

It's not even June, and I'm looking forward to October just to walk the fields with this gun.

Thanks again for all your kind help.

Mark