CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: kassner shotgun info.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 12:33 am 
i located a used kassner over/under 20 gauge shotgun with double triggers, for $400.00. my concern is the price and the double triggers. would like to use it for :D small game, rabbits, birds etc.

Post subject: Re: kassner shotgun info.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 1:06 am 
Diamond Grade

Kassnar imported Churchill and Omega shotguns until they closed thier doors in 1989. Your description would lead me to believe that it is an Omega, because the Churchill wasn't made with double triggers, at least as far as I can find.

Does it have a ventilated rib?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 9:34 am 
Tournament Grade

I have a Churchill in 410 made by Kassnar not a bad gun for the money. I think you can get parts from Charles Daly Kassnar designed guns for Daly and bought the company.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003 9:42 am 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

If the double triggers work then you have nothing to worry about it. They are quite advantageous in hunting situations since you can select the choke and if a shell misfires you can still fire the second shell. (no need for the gun to shake so as to reset the triggers like with 'inertia' mechanisms)

Its not how well you shoot, its how much noise your gun makes.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 10:24 am 
Utility Grade

I stumbled across a Churchill Windsor I by Kassnar Imports, 12ga, 3", dbl. triggers, side-by-side, box lock, "Made in Spain" on the receiver actually a very nice gun for the money. Considering I paid $175 for it, and I can put a scratch or few on it with nary a worry, it has become by go to gun for upland game.

If you do a search on Google for Kassnar Imports, which used to be out of Harrisburg, Pa until about 1988-89, you will see lots of info, look for the one that has Blue Book Values, it will list what is in the book for Kassnar Shotguns.

The only thing that I do not like about it is that when you break the gun to unload it, you cannot pull out the spent shells unless you use something to rest the muzzle on to make sure the break is wide enough for loading and unloading. In other words, it does not break fully open without two hands or some other point of leverage on the muzzle.

The following link is for purchasing a blue book on Churchill guns:

https://store.bluebookinc.com/download/ ... eading=228

Category Model SubModel
RIFLES: BOLT ACTION HIGHLANDER
RIFLES: BOLT ACTION REGENT
RIFLES: SEMI-AUTO ROTARY 22
SHOTGUNS: O/U MONARCH * Monarch Turkey Gun
SHOTGUNS: O/U NEW WINDSOR IV
SHOTGUNS: O/U REGENT GRADE SHOTGUN/RIFLE COMBINATION
SHOTGUNS: O/U REGENT TRAP AND SKEET
SHOTGUNS: O/U REGENT V
SHOTGUNS: O/U SPORTING CLAYS MODEL
SHOTGUNS: O/U WINDSOR III
SHOTGUNS: O/U WINDSOR IV - DISC.
SHOTGUNS: SxS ROYAL
SHOTGUNS: SxS WINDSOR I
SHOTGUNS: SxS WINDSOR II
SHOTGUNS: SxS WINDSOR VI
SHOTGUNS: SEMI-AUTO REGENT GRADE
SHOTGUNS: SEMI-AUTO STANDARD MODEL * Turkey Model
SHOTGUNS: SEMI-AUTO WINDSOR GRADE
SHOTGUNS: SLIDE ACTION WINDSOR GRADE

Post subject: re: kassner shotgun info.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:41 am 
Utility Grade

I purchased a Kassnar Imports 10 gauge shotgun about ten years ago and need some info . The gun is a side by side ZABAL HNOS magnum . Anyone direct me toward value or production info?

Post subject: re: kassner shotgun info.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:11 pm 
ID & Value Expert
ID & Value Expert

They imported them by the thousands and usually sell in the $200 to $350 range..Bushrod