CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fabarm Gamma 2
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 1:30 am 
Utility Grade

Hello all,

Got my Fabarm Gamma 2 Sport over/under 30" about a month ago and couldn't be happier with it. I have used it to shoot Trap which I am familiar with, and also Sporting Clays for the very first time two days ago and the Gamma easily adapted to both games.
I just have three questions regarding this over/under:

1) Can anyone tell me how to remove the butt stock from the receiver? I can't find any screws anywhere on the receiver and this is my first over/under so I am being extremely careful with it.

2) Any word on who will be taking over the distribution of Fabarm in the US?

3) Can anyone tell me how to remove the recoil pad? I would like to add a little LOP but again, the recoil pad is solid when viewed from behind with no screws to unscrew.

Thank you all in advance for your help.

Pete

Post subject: Re: Fabarm Gamma 2
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 8:10 pm 
Diamond Grade

pklin1297 wrote:
Hello all,
Got my Fabarm Gamma 2 Sport over/under 30" about a month ago and couldn't be happier with it.
I just have three questions regarding this over/under:

First of all...Welcome to SGW {hs# and Kudos on your choice of shotgun :wink:

Quote:
1) Can anyone tell me how to remove the butt stock from the receiver? I can't find any screws anywhere on the receiver and this is my first over/under so I am being extremely careful with it.

First off you need to remove the recoil pad. I have not done this on my Gamma 2 yet, but on mine there are two small holes on the recoil pad. I assume it would be a small phillips head screw driver inserted through the holes to loosen and remove the pad. (but it could be an allen key also) Then with the recoil pad off, You will see the bolt that holds the stock. Use caution removing it as it should be very tight from the factory.

Quote:
2) Any word on who will be taking over the distribution of Fabarm in the US?

Tristar sporting arms is working on a deal with Fabarm for 2007, if all goes well...

Quote:
3) Can anyone tell me how to remove the recoil pad? I would like to add a little LOP but again, the recoil pad is solid when viewed from behind with no screws to unscrew.

Are you sure it is solid? If not...see answer #1.

On a side note, before you make any expensive / permanent changes to your gun, I have an extra "Uncle Mikes" slip on recoil pad I don't need, that will add about 3/4" / 1" to your LOP. For a fellow Gamma 2 owner, you can have it if you like for the cost of shipping ($4.05 priority)

Just PM me if interested, Dan

Quote:
Thank you all in advance for your help.

Pete

You are welcome

Just saying...