CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Advice on Sporting clays carts (non motorized)
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 4:12 pm 
Tournament Grade

Am looking for advice, guidance, suggestions and any feedback from those with experience with Rugged Gear, K and D or other push/ pull gun carts.

Thanks in advance

Post subject: Re: Advice on Sporting clays carts (non motorized)
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 6:21 pm 
Presentation Grade

Tanner's Owner wrote:
Am looking for advice, guidance, suggestions and any feedback from those with experience with Rugged Gear, K and D or other push/ pull gun carts.

Thanks in advance

I have the rugged gear one and love it. It holds all the shells and accessories that I need for a round of claysor practice. It is easy to push etc. You can't go wrong with it.

I have no experience with the others. I do see a lot more of the Rugged Gear carts than any others including home made ones from golf carts.

Mike :D

Judgement comes from experience
Experience comes from poor judgement

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 11:19 pm 
Presentation Grade

I borrowed a rugged gear cart and used it at some moderate sized shoots. They work pretty well and held all the shells for two shooters and their guns plus water, bags etc. They are expensive, and they are a baby stroller with different "seat" and "foot" area and have two gun racks added also. I would find a used stroller and convert it to my needs if saving money is necessary.

That's going to leave a mark!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:33 am 
Limited Edition

I have a ruggedgear cart and its been great. holds everything well and keeps guns protected. we put two gear bags a soft cooler and the two guns on it and it holds it all just fine. I like the over-sized tires which roll over uneven trails very well. The hand brake is great on downhill areas and the foot brake lock is also great. There's even a pump for the tires! Anotehr nice features is that it collapses and fold up to a nice size. It fits easily into the rear area of my SUV. It has quick release front tire if you need more room in your car. I got mine from my club (Lehigh Valley SC) for $235. it has the towel and the mesh bag.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:04 am 
Crown Grade

If you are handy you can save a lot and have the same exact cart. Buy a 5K jogging stroller. I got mine for $80 on sale at Target. Added a couple of ATV gun holders from Bass Pro about $20 onto the handles and attached two 3 1/2 inch PVC pieces to the area where the childs feet would ride. Put two can coozies to cushion the barrles of the guns. It has the same hand brake and foot brakes as well as the oversized tires which can be pumped up using a bicycle pump. I can load all the ammo I need plus it has a mesh bag at the back which comes in handy for empty hulls as well as a pocket underneath for bags of empty hulls or ammo boxes for relaoding later. People have mistaken it for a rugged gear cart but I paid about $100 total for it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:10 am 
Limited Edition

well, there's a project for this weekend! You can also order the gun holders from ruggedgear, I think they are a special design and material.

Post subject: re: Advice on Sporting clays carts (non motorized)
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 2:37 am 
Utility Grade

Build one!
I purchased a new golf cart from Costco. I removed the golf club bag straps, and drilled four holes and mounted a nice two gun rack to the top and bottom supports (the same plastic supports that had the golf bag straps), I ordered the rack from Cabelas. Under the cart I mounted with eye screws and snaps, a plastic tool box that will hold eight boxes of shells. It looks and works great, my guns NEVER fall out. The cart was super easy to build, about three hours, and it cost me under $125. It even has the score cart holder with a pencil slot. Another nice feature is when I pull one lever, the cart folds up nicely and fits into my cars truck! I use this at trap events and shoot sporting clays with it all the time. I get asked all the time "where did you buy it!" Enjoy

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 8:22 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

You might look at The Gun Caddy also:
http://www.theguncaddy.com/cartfeatures.html
I ordered one first of the week, but it has not yet arrived.

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 9:18 am 
Diamond Grade

I like my Rugged Gear cart. They are on sale right now for $149 which is a great deal.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 10:02 pm 
Diamond Grade

20 dollar cart from craigs list.
~25 dollar fin grips for handle bars from Bass Pro..
Zip tied a letter holder and put coozy cups in the holders.

I'm good to go for 45 bucks - I found a cart that has quick releases and folds flat so I can pop it into the car and be ready to go in a less than a minute.

You could probably do it even cheaper if you make your own gun holders.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 8:42 pm 
Presentation Grade

Look at Rugged Gear cart.