CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Lanber 2097 owners?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 10:06 am 
Utility Grade

Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2003 10:06 am
Posts: 3
I have heard good things about this barnd. Anyone own the 2097 model? <p></p><i></i>


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Lanber 2097
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 10:40 am 
Utility Grade

Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2002 10:40 am
Posts: 16
Location: Michigan
I think they are one of the best models Lanber makes. They were designed to be a all around gun. It balances very nice right at the hinge and that is with 30 in. barrels. I use mine for all the clay games. My son-in-law and I put over 5000 rds. through it last year and just getting broke in. I bought mine from Cabelas in Mi. and paid to much for it $800.00, have seen them on line for $600.00. Still a great gun. <p></p><i></i>


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Lanber 2097 owners ?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 1:24 pm 
Utility Grade

Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2003 1:24 pm
Posts: 3
I own a 2097 and a 2098. Unbeatable value for<br>dollar. Amazing wood and all the features you'd<br>want in a clays gun. These guns look like a<br>$2K-3K gun. Checkering,engraving,fit and finish,<br>although mostly machine done, are very nice.<br>Check their website for more info on costruction<br>and features. www.lanber.net. If they hold as<br>good as they look, and I can find no reason to<br>believe otherwise, then I am very pleased.<br>Bought mine at CDNN Investments. $500.00 for<br>the 2097. <p></p><i></i>


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: lanber 2082
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 4:18 am 
Utility Grade

Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2003 4:18 am
Posts: 1
Hi all<br><br>Thinking of purchasing a lanber 2082. Was told this is a good gun so i borrowed one from a friend of mine. It has a 28" barrel. Its an o/u. For some strange reason it seems to have very poor killing power when it comes to birds. My father has a stevens single barrel and would bill at a much greater range than the lanber double barrel. Now i am beginning to think its not such a good gun. Local gunsmith said he would not touch it with a 40ft pole as they give alot of trouble. Does anyone know anything about this exact model? <p></p><i></i>


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lanber 2097 owners?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:03 pm 
Lanber's model 97 is a good shotgun. Over the past few years, mine has "processed" about 50,000 shells without a hic-up.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lanber 2097 owners?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 11:05 am 
Tar, could you explain "killing power"? Given the same gauge choke, and approx. barrel length, various shotguns should all be pretty darn close in ballistics to each other. Maybe the gun does not fit you? Have you patterened gun with different loads? The same load (shot size, weight, powder dram) will vary (sometimes widely) from each mfg. Different wads and powder are the main reasons I suspect.
My gunsmith said the Lanbers appeared well made inside with evidence of parts being properly heat treated and finished, especially in a sub $1000. gun. That said, I bought 2, could'nt pass up the price from CDNN.
I have approx. 12k rounds on my 2097 and 2500 on my 82 (fixed chokes which I love) with zero problems.
Good luck.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lanber 2097 owners?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2004 12:34 am 
cooter1 wrote:
Tar, could you explain "killing power"? Given the same gauge choke, and approx. barrel length, various shotguns should all be pretty darn close in ballistics to each other. Maybe the gun does not fit you? Have you patterened gun with different loads? The same load (shot size, weight, powder dram) will vary (sometimes widely) from each mfg. Different wads and powder are the main reasons I suspect.
My gunsmith said the Lanbers appeared well made inside with evidence of parts being properly heat treated and finished, especially in a sub $1000. gun. That said, I bought 2, could'nt pass up the price from CDNN.
I have approx. 12k rounds on my 2097 and 2500 on my 82 (fixed chokes which I love) with zero problems.
Good luck.


Will the Lanbers take a 3 inch shell?


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lanber 2097 owners?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 3:27 pm 
:D This gun will satisfy you to now end. Had my 2097 since they first showed up on our shores and have put over 50K rounds through it and its still a tight gun. I was lucky to purchase mine back when they were running $469.00, but CDNN out of Texas is the best source I know of for pricing and they'll ship directly to your FFL of choice. Just for reference, I also shoot a Weatherby Athena, and the Lanber 2097 is balanced better and a faster shooter.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: lanber 2082
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:03 pm 
Tournament Grade

Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2004 4:36 pm
Posts: 162
Location: martinez,ga
tarbhbofinne wrote:
Hi all<br><br>Thinking of purchasing a lanber 2082. Was told this is a good gun so i borrowed one from a friend of mine. It has a 28" barrel. Its an o/u. For some strange reason it seems to have very poor killing power when it comes to birds. My father has a stevens single barrel and would bill at a much greater range than the lanber double barrel. Now i am beginning to think its not such a good gun. Local gunsmith said he would not touch it with a 40ft pole as they give alot of trouble. Does anyone know anything about this exact model? <p></p><i></i>


Tar what you say makes no sense at all. given both are of the same gauge and choked the same. you must be using some weak shells made for light target now and what you were using before was probably hunting loads.!!! Also these lanbers are great great guns I sold mine cause I wanted a b gun now I wish that I had kept it. I had the 2087 which has the screwin chokes. I may have to call the boys at cdnn and replace it.

_________________
current stable"
verney-carron 12g ou 28"
remington 870 12 express 28"
sabatti 12g ou 28"
verona lx692g 20g ou 28"
beretta urika sporting 12g 28"
Franchi 712 raptor 12g 30"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lanber 2097 owners?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 1:56 pm 
I am new to the sport of clay shooting and was thinking about buying the model 82 or 85 (cant remember)for $490. Is that a good price and is it a good gun? I was thinking of getting a semi auto but if this is a good gun with a good value i'll get it to learn with and maybee get a semi later. Any info will help.

Thanks!


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lanber 2083 Expert II owners?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:48 am 
I Just got my new Lanber 12 ga. 83 expert II and have fell in love. What a great gun. No more pump and autos for me. The ducks in East Texas ant got a chance. We shot two cases of shells with no problems. I did add a Limb Saver pad to the stock to hel with all the clays the we practiced on. We used the browning a5 12 and the rem 870 in the past for our duck hunting but after they tried my lanber they plan to buy one soon. hope you guys have good luck.:D


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lanber 2097 owners?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:06 am 
Utility Grade

Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:43 pm
Posts: 16
Location: n/a
:D i bought one for £550 but it hasn't arrived yet does it come with internal and external chokes[/img]

_________________
lock,stock, and two smoking barrels


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lanber 2097 owners?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:07 am 
Utility Grade

Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:43 pm
Posts: 16
Location: n/a
and has the wood got a good finish couldn't tell from picture

_________________
lock,stock, and two smoking barrels


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: lanber 2082
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:11 am 
Diamond Grade
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:21 pm
Posts: 1864
tarbhbofinne wrote:
For some strange reason it seems to have very poor killing power when it comes to birds.


I bet the reason is because you miss.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lanber 2097 owners?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:44 pm 
Crown Grade

Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:34 am
Posts: 2147
Location: North Central, Washington
I think that Deadapair has the answer nailed.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lanber 2097 owners?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:00 pm 
Utility Grade

Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:43 pm
Posts: 16
Location: n/a
ededdddddewwwwwwwww

_________________
lock,stock, and two smoking barrels


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lanber 2097 owners?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:10 pm 
Utility Grade

Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:43 pm
Posts: 16
Location: n/a
mine arrived brilliant chockes fantastic for money and a impressive feture is the lanber symbol engraved at th bottem of the pistol grip and engravings are nice lanber written on side in gold

_________________
lock,stock, and two smoking barrels


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lanber 2097 owners?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:12 pm 
Utility Grade

Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:43 pm
Posts: 16
Location: n/a
mine arrived today brilliant chockes in little case and fanastic value for money the word laber engraved on the side is nice and my fav feture the lanber symbol engraved on the bottem of the pistol grip

_________________
lock,stock, and two smoking barrels


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Lanber 2097 owners?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:12 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:23 pm
Posts: 4745
Location: NJ
Here is a very nice review/field test of the Lanber 2097:

http://www.ssaa.org.au/newssaa/101-Stor ... 97est.html


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: lanber 2082
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:16 pm 
Field Grade

Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:22 am
Posts: 26
Location: Fairfield,Connecticut USA
deadapair wrote:
tarbhbofinne wrote:
For some strange reason it seems to have very poor killing power when it comes to birds.


I bet the reason is because you miss.


Now, THAT'S funny!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Registered users: Aircooled6racer, alanb, albatros, Alexa [Bot], b. riz, bigcat1, BigDaddyWestmoreland, bigedberg, Bing [Bot], bojo, casonet, cdb1097, Cheffish, Claybuster126, CLuttrell, Colonel26, Curly-Nohair, Cynewulf, David McMillen, Deadpair1990, Dirtweed, djtjr, DogWontHUNT, Double P, drcook, Duckshoot, frankgoss, GeorgeS3, glenncal1, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], Google Feedfetcher, Herb S., icyclefar, Invector, Irish Red & White, jdtrio, jhasbrouck, Jim Tyner, John Henry, ksduckhntr, ldpace, learjet56, mcheston, mike orlen, MSN [Bot], MSNbot Media, nm3, NOLANUS, nwtapingtools, Patently Obvious, pdx, PerazziShooter006, PhillyBoy, Pijetro, RBO, redmudd, robert146, rsrocket1, Ruber, SevenMaryThree, Shaker, simsy9, Snotrub, SuperXOne, TexasWaterfowler, tinyiota, Tn Jim, TOM-M, Travclem, Trickster, Twice Barrel, txcowboy91, voolfie, Whack 'em, winmod21


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group     -  DMCA Notice