CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Remington 870 Forend Tube Assembly New Style?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:20 am 
Utility Grade

I was wondering if any of you guys can help me out.

I have an 870 police magnum 12ga. and I would like to replace the forend tube assembly (I bent the fork while trying to put on a new forend). But I notice on midwayusa.com that they had 2 different ones for the 12ga., a regular and a "new" style.
Can anybody tell me what the difference is and which one should I get?

BTW, I also have a 870 express that I bought a month ago and switch the tube and they are interchangable. So does this mean I have a new style?

Post subject: Re: Remington 870 Forend Tube Assembly New Style?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:28 pm 
Field Grade

I had a similar question/problem with one of my Wingmasters. I sent an email to Remington through their support page. Mine was a mid-70s vintage and they told me I have the old style and would have to by the new style along with a new style slide piece. (The piece the bolt sits on)

I haven't replaced it yet, but once those things get bent they seem to be messed up forever. I straightened the arms to the point where I think they look fine but it still isn't quite right.

Anyway, try sending them a message at http://www.remington.com/support/

Click on the "Help Center" link, then the "Ask a Question" tab.

Post subject: Re: Remington 870 Forend Tube Assembly New Style?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:44 pm 
Utility Grade

Thank you for the response. I submitted the question to remington and waiting for a response. Just wondering if anybody here knows.