CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sports Authority Sale
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:51 am 
Tournament Grade

Just a heads up- Sports Authority (at least here in Florida) are running a sale right now on ammo- $2 off the lowest advertized price. That makes their Winchester game loads $1.99 a box and their 12/20 AAs 2.99 a box right now. Not much of a deal on 28/410, since their regular price is $8.99. No limits, either.

I bought 22 flats yesterday, so it seems like it isn't a promotional stunt like Bass Pro likes to pull. Store seems well stocked. Thought I would put the word out since I'm content with my current stockpile! :D

Sales ad says sale runs through the 9th.

Adam

Post subject: Re: Sports Authority Sale
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:57 am 
Utility Grade

Hawkdriver75 wrote:
Just a heads up- Sports Authority (at least here in Florida) are running a sale right now on ammo- $2 off the lowest advertized price. That makes their Winchester game loads $1.99 a box and their 12/20 AAs 2.99 a box right now. Not much of a deal on 28/410, since their regular price is $8.99.

I bought 22 flats yesterday, so it seems like it isn't a promotional stunt like Bass Pro likes to pull. Store seems well stocked. Thought I would put the word out since I'm content with my current stockpile! :D

Adam

Pretty sold out around here , probably due to me buying all they had at 4 stores, but I am still looking. :) 1 and 1 1/8 12 guage for my sporting clays course. Sale does go on for a few more days.

Post subject: re: Sports Authority Sale
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:46 am 
Crown Grade

All of you need to remember that Wal-Mart will match anyone's advertised price. :D

Everyone complained about Bass Pro Shop not having enough shells and not getting any when all they had to do was take the sales circular with them to Wally World and they would match the price.

Post subject: Re: re: Sports Authority Sale
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:36 am 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

WingMaster wrote:
All of you need to remember that Wal-Mart will match anyone's advertised price. :D

Everyone complained about Bass Pro Shop not having enough shells and not getting any when all they had to do was take the sales circular with them to Wally World and they would match the price.

At least locally, our WM's will no longer price match unless the item has the same barcode--and vice versa, the other stores won't price match without corresponding codes from WM. Anymore, it is rare for all to have the same shell on the shelf. Not including AA's & STS/Nitros---I find it rare for anyone to mess with a price match anymore on premium shells----just go to Gander etc and stop there.

I would wager WM hasn't sold 1/10th their normal volume of sporting goods to previous years---Gander/Academy has taken that segment away from them and made it work.

Post subject: Re: Sports Authority Sale
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:22 am 
Presentation Grade

Hawkdriver75 wrote:
Just a heads up- Sports Authority (at least here in Florida) are running a sale right now on ammo- $2 off the lowest advertized price. That makes their Winchester game loads $1.99 a box and their 12/20 AAs 2.99 a box right now. Not much of a deal on 28/410, since their regular price is $8.99. No limits, either.

Adam

None of the three Sports Authority stores within 40 minutes of me even sell ammo anymore. Or guns, for that matter. Sucks.

Is that the steel-based stuff?

-Jason

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:46 pm 
Limited Edition

Jason,

The Sports Authority on East Colonial in Orlando sells guns and ammo, the guy at the Kissimmee store told me that only 1 Sports Authority per district sells ammo and guns - dont' know how far you are from that one, but they could have some shells.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Florida-Sporting-Clays-Association/147830402002980

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:00 pm 
Presentation Grade

franchi wrote:
Jason,

The Sports Authority on East Colonial in Orlando sells guns and ammo, the guy at the Kissimmee store told me that only 1 Sports Authority per district sells ammo and guns - dont' know how far you are from that one, but they could have some shells.

The one at 436/50? Or 408/50, whichever it is? You know, the nice part of town. :wink:

I was in there about a month ago. Maybe I didn't look hard enough... Stuff is probably all gone now.

-Jason

I live in Titusville. Not too far away.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:46 pm 
Crown Grade

franchi wrote:
...the guy at the Kissimmee store told me that only 1 Sports Authority per district sells ammo and guns ...

We have at least three that are within 10 miles of each other and I know that all three sell guns and ammo, having personally made purchases at all three. All three are in the same county, and two are even in the same township. I think that either the guy in Kissimmee didn't know what he was talking about or you have different rules in Florida.

Frank

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:33 pm 
Limited Edition

Could be different rules - Jason, he said the East Colonial Store - your guess is as good as mine.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Florida-Sporting-Clays-Association/147830402002980

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:49 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I couldn't find this on the website. Was that an in-store special or something in your local circular?

Last edited by drsfmd on Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:10 pm 
Tournament Grade

Here you go- This is the sales ad from here- Hopefully this is enough for them to honor it:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:29 pm 
Limited Edition

Unfortunately, up here in western Washington state Sports Authority and what used to be Garts have become "Politically Correct" and taken all the hunting equipment out of their stores so the libs will be happy. Fortunately for us, however, we have just gotten three Sportsman's Warehouses and a lot of G.I. Joe's stores which are similar to SW.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:20 pm 
Presentation Grade

Upon seeing that add, I am not so concerned with it now. I am not the biggest fan of white-box Winchester loads. Steel based, stabby recoil and stinky powder. They can keep it.

Now, if that $2 off applies to ALL Winchester loads...I may pick up a few AA boxes.

Dick's always seems to have shells in stock (Melbourne, FL store), but to get their measley discount, you have to be a member of their sportsman's club thing. May be free, but I never bothered with it. I don't want $.70 a box savings, I want $2+!

-Jason

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:00 pm 
Tournament Grade

The $2 off does apply to all Winchester shotshell loads. I picked up four flats of AAs for 29.90 each. Bought a whole lot more of 12 and 20 game load flats for 19.90 each.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:39 pm 
Utility Grade

thanks for posting that ad! got it to work tonight in austin, tx at the SA on burnet / anderson. bought 12 packs of 20 ga slugs. might go back tomorrow to grab some game shells.