CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: JC Higgins 12 gauge
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 12:46 pm 
Hey All,

I have this JC Higgins Model 60 12 gauge that someone gave me. It also has 583.66 stamped on it. It's in pretty good shape. I haven't shot it yet. It has a vented piece with a dial on the end of the barrel that I'm assuming is a type of brake and spread adjuster. I think it's missing one of the cartridge stops. It has one of them, I'm just not sure if it's supposed to have both of them. I'm thinking that's why the cartridges won't stay in the magazine tube... Just wondering if anyone has any idea what this thing is worth??..Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: JC Higgins 12 gauge
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 1:09 pm 
Crown Grade

The thing on the end of your barrel is a vented poly-choke...

It was manufactured by High Standard for Sears in the mid 50's

Yep it's supposed to have two , Numrich has it depending on which side you need http://www.e-gunparts.com/products.asp? ... 780z60&MC=

In good working order it's worth around $200 on average

Post subject: Re: JC Higgins 12 gauge
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 11:42 am 
OK,...thx 4 the info.