CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: F.A Loomis
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:14 pm 
Utility Grade

my grandfather gave me and old dusty shotgun thats been in the closet for years. its a SxS 12 guage with hammers. the forearm is missing and there is a small metal plate nailed into the stock of the 5th commandment. my grandfather told me it was given to him by his uncle. my grandfather is 85. it has double triggers and says F A Loomis IXL no.33. the barrrel reads lamananted steel and IXL 33. does anyone have any info about this gun.

Post subject: re: F.A Loomis
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:23 pm 
ID & Value Expert
ID & Value Expert

Carder says they were made by Crescet Firearms of Norwich CN. I have seen hem with Belgian proof marks, a very low quality gun,, Probably made between 1890 and 1910.. Bushrod

Post subject: re: F.A Loomis
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:27 pm 
Utility Grade

thanks for the help. i agree its no shooter. lol