CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 1100 Feed Latch and Action Bar Assembly
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:12 pm 
Utility Grade

I have a LH 1100 that i bought used a few months ago. When I took it apart to clean after the first shooting the Feed Latch fell out when I removed the trigger. Does this need to be re-staked by a gunsmith?

Also,

I noticed a chip in the part that the bolt sits on. The piece seems to be permenantly mounted to the Action Bar Assembly. Can this be replaced or do I have to buy an entire Assembly. All schematics I could find show the entire Assembly.

The gun shot fine.

Thanks

Post subject: re: 1100 Feed Latch and Action Bar Assembly
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:25 pm 
Gunsmith
Gunsmith

As long as you can get the trigger plate back in the gun,i would not worry about re-staking the latch.
You will need to use the front plate retaining pin to locate the latch,replace the trigger plate butt end first to hold the latch in place.
If there is enough tension from the receiver,the dimples will hold the latch for you,if not you can use a center punch to help stake in the bottom part of the latch.
When assembled,the front pin retains the latch,so it won't move.
The action bar is a two piece item,try the Remington web site and see if you can get it from them,if not let me know because i have them in stock.
I don't know if you can buy parts from them without an FFL or some kind of registered dealer stuff.I will sell at dealer cost plus shipping.
Parts just don't break,unless it is built a little off from the factory(that never happens).don't expect any help from remington,i don't know if there are any gunsmiths there anymore,just customer service people.
If you need any help just ask.

Post subject: re: 1100 Feed Latch and Action Bar Assembly
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:16 am 
Gunsmith
Gunsmith

You should be able to stake the latch in yourself. A third hand is a big help, but if that's not available, cut a small block of wood to fit very snug into the receiver. This will hold the latch in place. Don't forget to install the front trigger assy pin, as Paul mentioned. This will keep the latch in the proper position.

Taking a screw driver, place the corner of the blade into the old stake divot, and give the screwdriver a soft whack with a hammer. There should be two stake divots on both sides of the latch. You'll just need to get the two towards to bottom of the receiver. They will hold just fine.

info@dougsgunsmithshop.com
www.dougsgunsmithshop.com