CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Winchester Model 12 forend removal
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 12:24 pm 
Presentation Grade

I'm getting ready to redo a Winchester Model 12 and I need to get the metal pieces off the forend. Can anyone tell me the proper way to do this?? Note for the purists: This is basically a "no finish" gun and I believe refinishing it is the proper way to go.
Jim

Post subject: Re: Winchester Model 12 forend removal
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:07 am 
Field Grade

SPORT,
Take it to a gunsmith. There is a special tool to take the slotted ring off the front of the forearm. If you try any other method, you will only burr the slots or bend the ring. (it bends very easily) A smith will probably take it off and reinstall it for you for a couple bucks, which is cheap If you have to do it yourself, Brownells sells the tool.

JackL