CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Model S-58 Trap - Opinions?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:23 pm 
Field Grade

I have an opportunity to buy a used Beretta S58 Trap for $1,700.00 CDN. The gun is 80% condition and comes with original paperwork and locking hard case. It has 29" barrels, choked F over IM.

I am looking for input and opinions about this particular gun (quality; problems; value; price; etc.)

I already own an S55B, which is the economy version of this series, and love it enough that it replaced my 682 Super Sport as my trap gun. I had to switch, as my scores dramatically increased with the older and lighter field gun. I am hoping that a trap-dedicated S-series will give me an even greater edge.

Thanks in advance :)

Post subject: re: Model S-58 Trap - Opinions?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:28 pm 
Utility Grade

In my humble opinion that would be way over-priced. I'd think more like $1000 at most. Nice shooter but finding parts can be a bugger!

Post subject: re: Model S-58 Trap - Opinions?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:03 am 
Tournament Grade

The mdl 58 trap would be a fine shooting trap gun. The price is higher than blue book but that has been the case on most Beretta products from the past. If you are looking at it to resell I would pass. On the other hand for a quality shooter with a personality I would buy it and enjoy it. The repair can behandled by Rich Coles Gunsmithing. They can repair about any problem a Beretta may have. I have had many Berettas and the only repair has been ejector timing on a 1947 S3. The old ones don't break easily.(IMHO)
Best,
Ron

Post subject: Re: Model S-58 Trap - Opinions?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:17 pm 
Utility Grade

I own two Beretta s58 trap guns. Great shotguns which will last forever if you look after them. Most of the parts are interchangeable with the 682. Mine were made in 1974 and '75.