CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Most expensive/ornate beretta autoloader shotgun
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:58 pm 
Utility Grade

What is the most expensive/ornate beretta autoloader shotgun from the factory??

I want to buy a really nice autoloader shotgun, I like the Browing Golden Clays but prefer the Beretta 391..

Any suggestions??

Thank You for all help offered..

Jim Andrews columbus/Phoenix

Post subject: re: Most expensive/ornate beretta autoloader shotgun
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:54 pm 
Crown Grade

Forgive him Lord for he knows not what he is doing.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:27 pm 
Utility Grade

Pick your gun like you pick your women, hopefully it's based on compatibility and not solely looks.

Buy the one that fits you and your shooting style.

...and may the Lord be with you.....

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:49 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Get a 391 where the safety button is a 2-3 carat diamond! It is their "diamond edition."

Prices range based upon cut, color, and clarity of the stone used. Mine was 2.86 carats, E in color, and VS2 clarity. (At least that was on the diamond grading certificate).

The 391 was about a grand and the stone was $32,000 so all-in I paid about $33,000. I did it on the internet to save on sales tax.

Good luck!
G

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:45 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Find a new Beretta 390 diamond grade and then you will have the best auto Beretta ever made. In my opinion it is better than the 391 and you can have Seminole back-bore, lengthen the forcing cones and do the chokes you want.
Best wood, best action, and no recoil, what more could you want. Beretta was selling them for a close out at about $1800.00 but you won't get a new one for that now.
Good luck and good shooting and remember this is just my opinion. :D

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:01 pm 
Shotgun Expert
Shotgun Expert

Yep, agree on the 390 Diamond, there was one on Gunbroker a month or two back, NIB. I don't know if you can search that far back or not. Was just a piddly $3800 IIRC.

All that stuff is waisted on me, if it doesn't help put me on target I have no use for it.

Here's one http://www.shootersexchange.com/detail. ... rdID=58299

Post subject: Re: re: Most expensive/ornate beretta autoloader shotgun
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:07 pm 
Diamond Grade

oletymer wrote:
Forgive him Lord for he knows not what he is doing.

2nd that :shock: :shock: :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:31 pm 
Utility Grade

I made the mistake of buying one of Beretta's highest price autoloaders this year in April, the Teknys Gold Trap with the adjustable comb, removable rib, etc., etc. Bought it at the Dallas Beretta Store, had it fitted and sized by their gunsmith Todd Ramirez. Cost me a total of about $2200 out the door. It has been nothing but a pain in the butt. I shot the gun a total of 86 rounds before I got tired of trying to keep the removable rib on ( they really mean removable - it does it all by itself, over and over ). I really don't know if the 3 times it jammed in the 86 rounds shooting it using AA shells will continue being a problem because I sent the barrel back to the Dallas Berretta store on May the 18th, 2006 and have not seen it since. Countless emails to the Dallas Beretta store, emails to Beretta USA, talking to the area Beretta rep Matt and countless calls everywhere and no one knows when I will get a barrel to this day. I asked for a complete refund and was refused. I have been promised I will get the barrel in just 2 weeks since July. Anyone know a good lawyer who would handle this for me? I am back to shooting my 1100 and remembering why I have always bought American in the past. Now I am waiting for the new Remington 105 CTi to get on the market, anyone seen one?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:20 pm 
Utility Grade

Thanks guys for all the info....

I have a 391 now and it shoots wonderfully,,, I was just wondering if anyone knew of some non-cataloged 391 that might be more ornate than their cataloged 391s...

Thanks again

Jim