CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Old Marlin 20-guage pump action shotgun
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:10 am 
Utility Grade

Hi: I inherited an old Marlin 20-guage pump action shotgun. I can barely make out "Model 44" near the trigger. I'm assuming it is quite old. On the barrel it says Feb 23,1915 patent pending. It is pretty worn and in need of repair: how much repair is an unknown since the action is frozen. There does not appear to be any corrosion or rust. I'm hoping you all can give me some suggestions as to whom I should contact to potentially send the gun for assessment and repair. I will be calling Marlin tomorrow to ask them also. Thanks, Dan

Post subject: re: Old Marlin 20-guage pump action shotgun
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:14 am 
ID & Value Expert
ID & Value Expert

Your gun was made from 1923 until 1935. It was offered only in 20ga and was simular to the M31 and the M28.

Numrich has many parts for the M44 and any good smith should be able to set the gun right without much trouble.

Some of the M44 "S" models had really nice wood (this was the model with the checkered stock). The "A" model was the field gun.