CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ruger All Weather 12GA Shotguns production Stopped!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:13 pm 
Utility Grade

Looked at the 2007 catalog and their was no All Weather 12GA Shotguns listed so I called Ruger and they have stopped producing the "all weather" Model but continue to produce all others.

I just got an all weather and love it, glad I got it when I did... Too bad they are stopping that line, I was hoping for a 20 GA someday.

Wonder why they stopped? Was I the only one that love this unique shotgun?

:cry:

Post subject: re: Ruger All Weather 12GA Shotguns production Stopped!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:08 am 
Diamond Grade

I think that most people felt that the gun shouldn't have a plastic stock for that kind of money. I personally never understood that. Benellis cost just as much for their autoloaders in all plastic stocks. The weather resistance for hunters would be great. I too was hoping that ruger would offer the gun in 20 gauge. I guess that's not gonna happen. I wouldn't mind seeing a stainless red label with walnut furniture. I love the look and think people would buy it.
jim

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:50 am 
Utility Grade

I can agree with that, I would prefer to have walnut furniture on mine... I wonder if the stocks from the other Rugers would fit?

Post subject: Re: re: Ruger All Weather 12GA Shotguns production Stopped!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:10 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

marlin_gs wrote:
I can agree with that, I would prefer to have walnut furniture on mine... I wonder if the stocks from the other Rugers would fit?

I too have the stainless Red Label. Mine is a little different from any other I have seen. It has an engraved receiver with gold ducks on both sides and it is a polished model. This was a standard offering, but it must not have been for long.

I called Ruger about a few things, one being putting wood on a Stainless model and I happened to get a very rude lady that first told me that my rib was supposed to rattle and then said they wouldn't put wood on the all stainless model. I said I didn't ask if they would do it, all I wanted to know is if it would fit and if I could buy it. Long story short, she was very uncooperative and didn't answer my questions. I was very surprised by this considering everyone here seems to have the general consensus that Ruger service is second to none. Not my experience to be sure.

By looking at the parts diagram, I would think the wood should fit on the stainless just fine. We just need someone with both to try the old switcharoo to be sure. Any takers?

Phil0411

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:40 am 
Utility Grade

Wow :shock: that sure sounds like a keeper!

"Mine is a little different from any other I have seen. It has an engraved receiver with gold ducks on both sides and it is a polished model. This was a standard offering, but it must not have been for long."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:23 pm 
Presentation Grade

I would call back and if you get someone else talk to them if in the unlikelyhood you get her report her behind to the company, ruger doesn't need people like that. I have delt with them and my father has dealt with them and long story short all we shoot for rifles are the ruger m77, when my father was in the machinery buisness all his big time customers would get RRL for christmas, ruger is a good company with the best service in the business they don't need people tarnishing their reputation.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 5:32 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Hawkeye_90 wrote:
I would call back and if you get someone else talk to them if in the unlikelyhood you get her report her behind to the company, ruger doesn't need people like that. I have delt with them and my father has dealt with them and long story short all we shoot for rifles are the ruger m77, when my father was in the machinery buisness all his big time customers would get RRL for christmas, ruger is a good company with the best service in the business they don't need people tarnishing their reputation.

I have actually called Ruger about a few things, probably three seperate calls. No matter how pleasent I was, I seemed to get the same short, rude treatment. It was a woman each time and it may have been the same one, I'm not sure.

Post subject: Re: Ruger All Weather 12GA Shotguns production Stopped!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:59 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

marlin_gs wrote:
I was hoping for a 20 GA someday.

A friend and I were talking just the other day about how we thought all weather in a 20 ga would have made a sweet gun for ducks . . . . guess we'll never know :cry:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:40 am 
Utility Grade

I've spent the last month or so trying to locate somehwere or someone who is selling just the synthetic stocks for my RRL 12G, makes a perfect duck gun but I just hate bringing out the wood to sit in the water...

Still looking..... It must be some closely guarded secret on who made them for Ruger because I can't find any information about it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:46 pm 
Field Grade

I love my all weather !! I have had several other B-brand O/U's and have abused them to the point of stocks cracking and rusty finish. I welcome the synthetic/stainless. I have been swimming with my aw 2x now and just give it a decent oiling and it performs without fail. It really is to bad they stopped producing the aw...it is one tough field gun.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:42 pm 
Field Grade

I was wondering if I could purchase a set of ss barrels for my standard RRL 12/28. Anyone ever do that?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:45 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

azgunrunner wrote:
I've spent the last month or so trying to locate somehwere or someone who is selling just the synthetic stocks for my RRL 12G, makes a perfect duck gun but I just hate bringing out the wood to sit in the water...

Still looking..... It must be some closely guarded secret on who made them for Ruger because I can't find any information about it.

You can call Ruger and buy them direct. They list them in their parts diagram.

Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc.
Product Service Department
411 Sunapee Street
Newport, NH 03773

Telephone: 603-865-2442 / Fax: 603-863-6165
(Monday through Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm EST)

Very Funny Scotty, now beam up my clothes!

Last edited by phil0411 on Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:48 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

rpg51 wrote:
I was wondering if I could purchase a set of ss barrels for my standard RRL 12/28. Anyone ever do that?

This is something else that should be able to bought direct from Ruger, but you will have to send in your gun and have the barrrels fitted to your gun by a Ruger gunsmith. Can you say expensive? :shock:

Very Funny Scotty, now beam up my clothes!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:03 pm 
Tournament Grade

Buy the chamber mates at seminolegunworks.com or briley sidekicks thats my 2 cents

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:40 pm 
Presentation Grade

I was out yesterday with my buddy and his new-to-him Ruger Red Label all-weather and saw him achieve first blood with it. And 2nd, and 3rd, and 4th.

I want one!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:56 pm 
Field Grade

I just picked up a 12 ga 2 weeks ago and LOVE IT!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:49 pm 
Field Grade

Is there a chance they've decided to start putting out the all-weather again?

I was at the Sportsmans Warehouse last weekend and saw one for sale. Haven't seen one there for sale for a while prior to this.