CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: cutting a barrel and rethreading choke
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:13 pm 
Tournament Grade

Well, the title says it. Can any gunsmith cut and then rethread for Invector Plus or does this have to be sent out?

Edit: I am just wondering if I should buy the short barrel from Browning or if I could pick up a longer one from Ebay or something for a lot less $$ and still use all the chokes I have.

Post subject: re: cutting a barrel and rethreading choke
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:17 am 
ID & Value Expert
ID & Value Expert

The moderator of this area is Mike Orlen. Mike has a great reputation as a barrel man. Try Emailing him or calling him. Good work at reasonable prices.

Post subject: re: cutting a barrel and rethreading choke
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:02 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

mossytxn ,

A5guy's recommendation of checking with Mike Orlen is spot-on .

You might consider examining the last 6" or so of your barrel to see if some of the section is somewhat divergent to allow for the larger diameters of the Invector+ CT design . If so , the probability of being able to recut for + tubes may not so good --- but for another , maybe thinwall type , maybe OK .

Mike will know and do a good job --- of course , if you have the funds , Briley will go where others choose not to venture for good reasons .