CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ACTIV AMMO AND HULLS
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 12:48 am 
Field Grade

Where has Activ gone? I looked up the name on the web, and found that they had been bought by Kent Cartridge. However, there was no listing for the Activ line on the site. Am I correct in assuming they discontinued the line? It seems like these would have been great one-piece, compression formed cases for reloading.\

Wade

Post subject: Re: ACTIV AMMO AND HULLS
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 9:14 am 
Shooting Instructor
Shooting Instructor

You are correct, Kent bought up the remains of Activ and we haven't seen that distinctive hull since. I still have about 500 empties hanging around (yes, I admit to being a Hullaholic!). I especially miss their line of deer slugs. They used a one piece attached wad the result was a slug that out shot the others with a $2.99 price tag.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2003 9:14 pm 
Utility Grade

I have some 3 inch hulls. Do you know where i could find a receipe for hevi-shot?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 7:33 pm 
Word of caution on Activ hulls. They have had a serious hull seperation problem. They seperate right above were the brass would be. They shoot off and some can get lodge in your barrel than you'll have a big boom if you don't know it is in there.

Some reloading companies even gave out warnings about this type of empty, Ballistisc Products and the old Mec reloading manual for steel shot for instance.

You might want to look in another type of hull . Be careful.