CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cullman, AL - Maple Ridge Gun Club
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:20 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Anyone ever shot at the Maple Ridge Gun Club near Cullman, Alabama? I happened to drive by the other day and it seemed like a nice shooting area. Unfortunately, it was closed that day. Any details?
Jay Gentry

Post subject: re: Cullman, AL - Maple Ridge Gun Club
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:16 pm 
Field Grade

I haven't. If you do, post up so we can know how it is. It's not too far from me.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:17 pm 
Field Grade

I've shot at Maple Ridge serveral times. They have sporting clays, a rifle range, and also do quail and phesant hunts.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:59 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'll have to take some shots out there and let ya'll know what i think.
Zack91 do you live in that area?
Jay

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:33 pm 
Field Grade

No, I live in Fayette, Al. My uncle lives in Cullman. We have a lake house on Smith Lake and we go up to Maple Ridge during the summer and shoot.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:47 pm 
Field Grade

No I havent yet but Im glad I found this post! I boat on Smith Lake ALL the time. I head out there this weekend

Cullman - Maple Ridge Gun Club, Inc., 2115 County Road 420, Cullman, AL 35057.
Phone: 256-737-7592
Facilities include: Outdoor Pistol (15, 20, 25 yds), Outdoor Rifle (100 to 500 yds), Sporting Clays, Archery
Hours of Operation: 9am-dusk
Range Access: Public

Post subject: Re: Cullman, AL - Maple Ridge Gun Club
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:35 pm 
Global Moderator

It's only taken 5yrs but looks like Jay and I may be heading over on Sunday. 1-5 according to the lady on the phone.

~~There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness~~

"Women and Cats will do as they please and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."--Robert A. Heinlein--

Post subject: Re: Cullman, AL - Maple Ridge Gun Club
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:43 pm 
Global Moderator

An interesting place. Google maps will get you there, only one sign right before the place.

There were only 5 stations with all but one having single traps, with decent presentations in a wooded setting. Everything can be shot with IC or Skeet. First one is a going away bird coming from the left, second is a tower incoming, third was the pair of traps with birds coming from either side and meeting out front going away, fourth was a springing teal, all black belly, and the last one was a wascally wabbit.

$20/50 or $30/100. Met by Sam the weekend caretaker. Has a dry wit, good guy from what I could tell, even if he is an Alabama fan. We opted for the 100 before we knew there was only 5 stations. We shot the course 1--5, and then 5-1. Carts and ear protection are provided. Asphalt cart path. They do have several pistol and rifle ranges, interesting setups with used tires as light shields(?) and they provide paper targets with the $15 fee.

It's a little hard to hear with ear protection, a distinction between some of the rapid fire rifle reports when doing report pairs.

~~There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness~~

"Women and Cats will do as they please and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."--Robert A. Heinlein--