CalendarCalendar   Photos  * FAQ
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Reloading shotgun sabots
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2003 11:10 pm 
Utility Grade

Does anyone know where to find information on reloading sabots for hunting deer?

It is really expensive to buy sabots.

Post subject: Re: Reloading shotgun sabots
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 9:29 pm 
Look at Sabot Technologies at www.shotgunslugs.com I haven't tried them yet, but that is all I can find.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 10:14 pm 
Presentation Grade

Lyman has loading data with their 525 grn. sabot mold. But I had to do allot of playing around to make the slug accurate. First use a hard lead so the tapered skirt does not crush. Second use the federal 12C1 two piece wad, to give you a snug fit in the barrel and inside the hull. Good luck and get ready for recoil.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 3:14 pm 
Utility Grade

What recipe are you using? Hull, powder, etc. Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 7:33 pm 
Presentation Grade

I am using new Fiocchi hulls and roll crimping them. I am also using an 1/8 inch felt spacer under slug in shot cup of the Federal 12C1. I am using 50 grns. of Blue Dot in the 3 inch, and 45 grns. of Blue Dot in the 2 3/4 inch. You could try fold crimping them .... in the 2 3/4 inch shells there is probably enough room, but the 3 inch loads you might not have enough room to fold crimp them. Allot of whitetails have died from these loads. Happy hunting!!! On scoped guns, the largest groups at 100 yards was 4 inches and the smallest group was an inch.