ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Who, or what, is causing all of the misery and trouble
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:14 am 
Crown Grade

Who, or what, is causing all of the misery and trouble that the world has known throughout history? Could it be the devil? Do you believe there is a devil?
Do you believe there is a spiritual war going on in the universe?

Quote:
“For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.” (Ephesians 6:12)

What, there are spiritual forces of evil in the universe? And that is where our fight is? That is pretty weird. Materialist only see flesh and blood.

Quote:
Revelation 12
7 And there was war in heaven, Michael and his angels waging war with the dragon. The dragon and his angels waged war, 8 and they were not strong enough, and there was no longer a place found for them in heaven. 9 And the great dragon was thrown down, the serpent of old who is called the devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him.

Was the earth selected as a spiritual war zone?

Quote:
1 Peter 5:8
Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.

It looks like the human race is in big trouble.

Post subject: Re: Who, or what, is causing all of the misery and trouble
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:31 am 
Crown Grade

Satan’s place in the scheme of things is a complicated subject. The Bible, in various places, does explain much about Satan, and how he is the source of evil.

Satan originated as a God created spectacular angel who appears to have been the head angel. He sinned and rebelled against God and was cast out of heaven. He took 1/3 of the angels with him.
Ezekiel 28: 11-19, Isaiah 14: 12-17, Revelation 12: 3-9

Jesus called Satan the ruler of this world.

Quote:
John 12:31
[Jesus] Now judgment is upon this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out.

John 16:1
[Jesus] and concerning judgment, because the ruler of this world has been judged.

John 14:30
[Jesus] I will not speak much more with you, for the ruler of the world is coming, and he has nothing in Me;

Jesus also said this about Satan—

Quote:
John 8
43[Jesus] Why do you not understand what I am saying? It is because you cannot hear My word. 44 You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

The Bible makes clear that the devil and his demons are behind evil and the spiritual war. I believe the most destructive thing he does is this—

Quote:
2 Corinthians 4:4
in whose case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving so that they might not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:12 am 
Crown Grade

Who can stand against the spiritual forces of evil?
Quote:
1 John 3:8
the one who practices sin is of the devil; for the devil has sinned from the beginning. The Son of God appeared for this purpose, to destroy the works of the devil.

Why Christians can overcome.
Quote:
1 John 4:4
You are from God, little children, and have overcome them; because greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world.

If you are spiritually born of God and indwelled with the Holy Spirt, greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world. we can overcome if we rely on the power of God, and I believe that is the only way.

In the spiritual war we need armor; the armor of God
Quote:
Ephesians 6:10-18
10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might.

11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil.

12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.

13 Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm.

14 Stand firm therefore, having girded your loins with truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness,

15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

16 in addition to all, taking up the shield of faith with which you will be able to extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.

17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:07 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

It’s been over half a century now, but I was so privileged to learn the most beautiful story ever told first, from my beautiful angel mother, as she’d read me the words of our Savior as I sat on the floor in front of her.

No doubt there are still good Christian mothers who are bringing up their children, in that same way, as they have now for two millennia.

Matthew 25:40 is the mainstay of a young child’s Christian education, but my mother never once neglected to hammer home to me of the terrible eternal price of choosing to follow those dark angels that tempt every soul, to mock the poor and scorn the needy, and turn a deaf ear to the wail of the widow and cries of the orphan.

For immediately after Matthew 25:40, Mama would read the fate of the souls that do not believe in the message of Christ:

Matthew 25:40-41
New International Version

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.”

Then likely as not she’d get out her guitar, and finish the lesson with an old Christian Church standard:

THE GREAT JUDGEMENT MORNING

Louvin Brothers version

https://youtu.be/G0O2t1mW65o

We are all selfish to some extent, and all of us often love that old handsome devil we see each morning in the mirror, more than we love the tramp on the street.

Yet living the Christian life prepares us for that day, when we all will face Christ at Judgement, secure in His promise He will treat us exactly, as we treated the least of His brethren here on earth.

The Devil offers many pleasures in this life, but those that follow Satan, face eternal fire in the next life.

It’s up to us, to choose between heaven and hell.

Choose wisely.