ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Christian Life
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:32 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

As I’d leave to go out on the town, my mother would always caution me, that

Christ sees every little thing you do, and DON’T DO!

Which always left me in sort of a quandary. I loved the girls and the parties, and sneaking in those smoke filled beer joints. Yet I knew that in those places, and running with those crowds there would sooner or later be some boy making fun of another, or being mean to a girl, to where I knew I’d have to take a stand to put a stop to it.

As I grew older I decided to associate myself with decent people that didn’t mistreat others that were weaker, and tried to live the same Christian life as I had chosen.

Yet does that make me more righteous, by placing myself where I cannot see the man mocking a disabled person, or slapping around his girlfriend?

Or a coward too timid to risk a fight?

How much duty does Christ want us to have, to defend the weak against injustice?

If we look for trouble we are sure to find more than we can deal with, yet if we seek to associate ourselves only with other Christians the wail of the widow and cry of the orphan, goes unheard except for their oppressors.

Christ cautioned us to not be of this world, yet he risked all to save the adulteress from the mob.

It’s food for thought, for those who try to lead a Christian life.

THE CHRISTIAN LIFE

Louvin Brothers version

Post subject: Re: The Christian Life
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:21 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Christian or atheist, your thoughts make good sense for anyone to follow. Certainly anyone claiming Christianity should strictly adhere to them.

My mother had a great saying: "Nothing good happens after 10:00 at night". I changed it a little bit after I got into LE. "Nothing good happens after midnight".
"

Post subject: Re: The Christian Life
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:08 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

evbutler wrote:
Christian or atheist, your thoughts make good sense for anyone to follow. Certainly anyone claiming Christianity should strictly adhere to them.

My mother had a great saying: "Nothing good happens after 10:00 at night". I changed it a little bit after I got into LE. "Nothing good happens after midnight".
"

My mother used to say that after midnight I’d be the only one out that would be in church, the next morning.

She had a weakness for gossip, that prompted me to notice everybody middle aged out with us kids after midnight. Then I’d report them to Mama who might get on the phone to relay a particularly choice bit of gossip to her friends and let me slide for coming in late.

I stopped that, one night in the Flemington beer joint when I saw a middle aged church member whose wife had died of cancer, out with some fallen angel. The look of dread in his eyes at seeing me, convinced me to not play Judas again.

Especially not, since he sometimes dated my mother.:)