ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Works vs Grace
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:46 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Turkinator wrote:
God calls preachers, men make themselves “church bosses” . Church bosses can always find a hireling who is willing to be bossed for pay. Church bosses hate Gods preachers

The good old time elders boot some preacher who strays too faring the Mount of Olives to the curb.

If you see some mega church which is ran by a preacher for profit, instead of elders In His Service,,,

The only soul in there that knows about the Sermon on the Mount is that rascal preacher who tells his gullible sheep what he wants them to hear.

They’ll never tell them about Christ on the Mount of Olives.

Fraudulent mass consumer pseudo Christianity is impossible to sell, unless it’s cherry picked from every place else, besides the Mount of Olives.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:07 pm 
Crown Grade

Let me guess, the liberal believes that church bosses should be in control. Did your daddy tell his pet preachers what to preach? Devine inspiration from the church bosses? In the book of Acts they chose out 7 men full of the Holy Ghost and faith to handle the distribution to the needy. Not to run God’s church. But if you’re a campbellite, I guess it makes little difference since you don’t believe the Bible.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:40 pm 
Crown Grade

Since I started this thread , I’ll try to get it back on track. Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast. This is the word of God, not some farcical anecdotes

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:33 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Turkinator wrote:
Since I started this thread , I’ll try to get it back on track. Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God. Not of works, lest any man should boast. This is the word of God, not some farcical anecdotes

Ephesians was thought to be a letter a long letter from a man named Saul who changed his name to Paul and had his Greek boyfriend write a letter, to the Ephesian Christian Church.

But over 200 years ago Christian scholars began to believe it was actually written by a Greek follower of Paul years after Paul died.

—-

Wikipedia

The Epistle to the Ephesians, also called the Letter to the Ephesians and often shortened to Ephesians, is the tenth book of the New Testament. Its authorship has traditionally been attributed to Paul the Apostle but starting in 1792, this has been challenged as Deutero-Pauline, that is, written in Paul's name by a later author strongly influenced by Paul's thought, probably "by a loyal disciple to sum up Paul’s teaching and to apply it to a new situation fifteen to twenty-five years after the Apostle’s death".[1][2][3][4][5][6][7]:47

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epistle ... _Ephesians

—-

The scammy frauds that would get booted from a well established Christian Church pulpit before they ever get hired (Elders go around watching young preachers preach on Wednesdays BEFORE they extend an invitation to ANY regular preacher for their church) every single one know that Ephesians was most likely not even written by Paul!

To cite other men’s good opinions on how to best run a Christian Church is something legitimate for a preacher to discuss in adult Bible classes.

The preachers that cherry pick out the verses, and always out of context, that seem to directly contradict the gospel of THE Jesus Christ preaching on the Mount of Olives is, when done by a divinity school graduate who knows better, steering perilously close to the Sin Against The Holy Ghost.

To say the right is wrong, or wrong is right, to somebody too gullible to know the difference, by one who does know the difference,,,

Christ won’t forgive that, in this world or the next.

Matthew

22 Then was brought unto him one possessed with a devil, blind, and dumb: and he healed him, insomuch that the blind and dumb both spake and saw.

23 And all the people were amazed, and said, Is not this the son of David?

24 But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils.

25 And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:

26 And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?

27 And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your children cast them out? therefore they shall be your judges.

28 But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.

29 Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house.

30 He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.

31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

33 Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit.

34 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

35 A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.

36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

—-

The Holy Spirit is the eternal good, that Christ is always for.

Evil is what the Devil, is always for.

It’s all very nice you think you must have faith in Christ, be born again,,,etc. etc.

But Christians must be good, not evil.

There are no evil Christians.

They serve Satan.

Last edited by SuperXOne on Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:42 pm 
Crown Grade

Psalm 31:18
Let the lying lips be speechless, Which speak arrogantly against the righteous With pride and contempt.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:49 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

chucka wrote:
Let the lying lips be speechless, Which speak arrogantly against the righteous With pride and contempt.

Psalms is wonderful book full of wonderful poems.

Christ no doubt read it.

Anything that comes from the Old Testament is NOT Christianity.

When you read of Christ doing thinks like healing the blind, in front of Pharisees.

Pharisees are the bad guys. Christ is always, the good guy.

The Pharisees are cherry picking all the worst parts of Jewish scriptures and Jesus is countering them with cherry picked good parts (such as Proverbs) and in the end,,,

The Pharisees bargain with Judas, and the Pharisees use minor violations of old Jewish laws to murder Christ, the Son of God.

Proverbs is wonderful, but follow Christ, instead.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:48 pm 
Crown Grade

chucka wrote:

To bad that God’s Holy Word is attacked on a Christian forum. But consider the source, the same leftist troll attacks gun rights on the gun control forum.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:36 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

One who continually describes Paul the Apostle as a homosexual and the Son of God as a [email protected] couldn't convince me that the sun was rising tomorrow. I'd sooner listen to Reverend Ike...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:56 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Turkinator wrote:
Let me guess, the liberal believes that church bosses should be in control. Did your daddy tell his pet preachers what to preach? Devine inspiration from the church bosses? In the book of Acts they chose out 7 men full of the Holy Ghost and faith to handle the distribution to the needy. Not to run God’s church. But if you’re a campbellite, I guess it makes little difference since you don’t believe the Bible.

There is no person, you will ever meet, more conservative in their habits than a multiple generational Campbellite.

For example, my father was born in 1919 and would have likely made elder sometime in the middle thirties.

In his youth, as a small boy of about six,he stole a Lucky Strike cigarette from one his Aunt Ruby’s millionaire Pendergast era companions who had chauffeured Aunt Ruby from Kansas City to visit her sister Lue (my grandmother) in a large Cadillac.

Daddy was in the big red barn when he did it, and his father Briggs caught him and spanked him, and the millionaire and Briggs marched Daddy to the house to report to his Mama.

Upon the discovery, Aunt Ruby ordered the millionaire to leave without her back to Kansas City and she would take the train back and she world never see him ever again, for allowing her nephew access to his cigarettes.

And my grandmother informed Briggs if he even ever thought again about whipping her little boy that he didn’t watch to not smoke cigarettes in the first place, she take him on the train with her sister Ruby to Kansas City, she’d divorce him and find herself a millionaire too.

Then as an adult, in 1947 my father had to build my mother a new house (because at that time his own mother and my mother were not getting along so well) before she’d marry him, and that house in Humansville stands today.

After the wedding and honeymoon my parents returned to their new home, and my mother’s sister Mildred came over to help decorate the new house while my Uncle Ben and Daddy went to the farm. Uncle Ben was a German boy from Preston, and a Methodist, so he drank beer for breakfast, diner, and supper if he pleased and he persuaded Daddy to go have a beer at the Humansville beer joint.

Uncle Ben poured Daddy out on the floor drunk about 2 am with him begging and pleading Mama to forgive him, which she sort of did, but she never, ever let him forget him getting drunk at the Humansville beer joint when he knew all the drunks in there would get to the word to his mother Lue that he’d done so, and Lue would blame Mama for allowing him to get drunk. Which, Lue did just that.

My Mama and Daddy’s Mama reconciled when I was born, which is a Campbelitte tradition.

My father died of an infection caused by him unknowingly swallowing a chicken bone, in 1971.

He had the largest funeral Humansville has ever seen to date, held in an overflowing high school gymnasium.

I was thirteen and a Deacon, and in my life until then, I’d never seen, or heard, of one sin or vice or bad thing my father had ever done, except the two above mentioned incidents.

My father was very ashamed of himself over those two things he’d done, and warned me never to repeat his inexcusable behavior.

Surrendering your life to Christ and living In His Service is an extremely conservative way to live.

But of all the people, numbered in the tens of thousands, I’ve ever met, my father was by far and away the happiest man I’ve ever met.

His mother and mine warned him to chew his food more throughly.

I wish, he’d have listened to them.

My father had to have sinned many times, that only Christ saw.

But they weren’t big sins, I’m sure and certain.

What a traditional, well ran Christian Church house does is put a roof over the heads of the congregation which is the church, not the building.

If well ran that church is sheer joy to attend.

We have the preacher talk about the life of Christ, from the Synoptic Gospels, with some John as well. It’s 100% about Jesus,,,and they make the story come to life.

Everybody there has faith, and no matter how long and loud faith alone Christians protest, those who have faith will also do good works just as a matter of being good Christians.

So you don’t hear harangues or screeds about faith in Jesus or good works in our churches.

If you’ll come an hour early they’ll discuss the 7 men full of the Holy Ghost in Acts.

And there’ll be some old elders there, making double sure that preacher they hired doesn’t pretend he’ll nominate himself the 8th one.:)

The truth is all those apostles mentioned in Luke’s Acts had scattered like a covey of quail when Christ had three times went to the Garden, to pray that His cup be lifted.

Those old preachers would lean over and ask us,,,

When, did Judas leave?

And where did those others hide?

And who ran down to Nazareth, a distance of sixty miles, to tell Christ’s mother that he’d been betrayed,,,,

To the Sanhedrin Council?

Because when He was dying in agony on the cross, His blood spilling out all over below, the pain so unbearable he cried out that God had forsaken Him,,,

His mother stood right there, at the Foot of the Cross.

And she didn’t have wings, to fly there.

You could almost hear the hoof beats, of a forever anonymous Christian In His Service,,,

Riding hard towards Nazertth.

It’s about Christian service, not faith or works.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:18 am 
Crown Grade

lossking wrote:
One who continually describes Paul the Apostle as a homosexual and the Son of God as a [email protected] couldn't convince me that the sun was rising tomorrow. I'd sooner listen to Reverend Ike...

It shows a complete lack of character. Those two heresies mentioned are enough to never give him credence

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:11 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Turkinator wrote:
lossking wrote:

It shows a complete lack of character. Those two heresies mentioned are enough to never give him credence

According to Paul himself, he had no desire for women.

But, he said it was better to marry, than to burn (with desire).

Oh ha ha ha, how funny that line must have been when read aloud back then in a church, on Sunday.

In the old time Christian Churches, there’s the Superintendent of the Elders who sits there kind of looking like a tree full of owls, all poker faced, regardless.

There’s a Second Elder that would have jumped up, and said it’s time for the church special,,,

Thanks to Mr. Paul for delivering the guest sermon and his Greek friend, too.

The Cambellite mothers present would have already nodded over to the hottest young girl there in training it was her time to get right up there on stage, and send those two boys that didn’t like girls the door.

WHAT A FRIEND WE HAVE IN JESUS

Faith Hill live at Anita Franklin’s funeral

Seriously, how long could a man who didn’t like a pretty Christian girl last today in a Christian Church?

If he didn’t want one of our girls, he needs to go someplace else, you know?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:48 am 
Crown Grade

No your idiotic heresy isn’t going to have the final word. Your church boss daddy and the rest of the campbellite pharisees have been proven to be nothing but anti Christian heritics

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:29 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Turkinator wrote:
No your idiotic heresy isn’t going to have the final word. Your church boss daddy and the rest of the campbellite pharisees have been proven to be nothing but anti Christian heritics

In Paul’s day I’m sure he and his Greek buddies had them rolling in the aisles, with their traveling evangelical show.

But the man just flat out, on paper, admits he had no sexual passion for women.

And he said he had no commandments for virgins.

And then said, recorded for all eternity,,,,

It’s better to marry, than to burn (with sexual desire).

Whoa!!!!

You get some preacher up there in a Christian Church today repeating that,,,

And there are kids all over that sanctuary, and their mothers, and their mothers are every one of them extremely easy to look at, by long years of practice and deliberate design and effort.

There was one other failing that I didn’t mention about my father, because only my mother consisted it a failing.

The evening in August 1946 my Daddy was set up by his friend Malvern and Malvern’s girlfriend Jean (my mother’s college roommate) to drive over to Carson’s Corners to play a song on a juke box, Daddy was 27, single, an elder, and had a fiancé already.

She was extremely attractive.

She was a graduate of the Juilliard School of Music.

She was six feet four inches tall, single, unmarried, 27, and engaged to Daddy for years,

And a torch singer, and a music instructor at Springfield at Drury College (a Cambellite college) who it was said strongly resembled Julie London, only taller and with natural blonde hair, yellow as as pure gold, according to my father’s mother Lue, who strongly approved of Janice Tillery.

JULIE LONDON MARLBORO COMMERCIAL

When my father broke his engagement to Janice Tillery to marry Mama, then 20 years old he brought her to Lue’s home and introduced her to his Mama,,,

Who looked her all up and down and said,,

Why would you want this skinny little river rat (Mama was 5 7” and daughter of the locally famous author “Ma” Agee who wrote for The Index a series about Pomme De Terre River hillbillies, later inspiring The Beverley Hillbillies television show) when you could have Janice Tillery for the asking?

If my Gradfather Briggs hadn’t shooed Lue back in the house and walked out to the big red barn and gave Mama a fine bay horse and good saddle and sent thd young couple riding off towards Spout Spring Hollow and my Daddy’s three gorgeous cousins that he knew would be delighted Daddy had found a truly beautiful girl,,,

I might not have been born.

Poor Janice Tillery had a long neck.

Whenever Mama would get angry with Daddy, for something he’d not done right, enough, she’d throw up his stealing a cigarette when he was six and getting drunk once when he was 28, and say

Why don’t you go find your old giraffe necked girlfriend,

And see how good she looks, washing your underwear?

A lifetime later, in 2009 my poor old mother was in the nursing home and I had a sale at mother’s last new home in Humansville. Mama was dying of congestive heart failure, on oxygen, in a wheelchair, in a nursing home, at age 83.

It was huge affair. I’d already hauled off two trailers full of keepsakes, still today in storage, but it took all day to sell the modern things or duplicates of things I didn’t want.

In the afternoon a gorgeous old lady, with long silver hair, immaculately dressed, with a scarf around her neck and high heeled shoes on, meandered among Mama’s things looking at them.

Bye and bye she saw me, and walked up to me and said,,,

You must be Bruce’s son.

I said, you must be Janice Tillery.

She sat beside me and told me wonderful stories about my father when he was young, how proud she was of of him, how good he was to her , how much fun they had, and how she’d not forgotten him.

She sent me some photographs of her and him and my grandparents she’d kept since 1946, by mail, as she promised.

And she said as she left,,,

Give my love to Lois, for taking such good care of him

As she got in her new Cadillac and drove off, my youngest son came over to me and asked,,

Was SHE Janice Tillery???

That old woman is gorgeous!!!

I replied don’t ever let your wife know who your first girlfriend was.

I guarantee they won’t ever be buddies.

And of course I never told Mama, that Janice Tillery came to her sale.

That next April Mama’s first boyfriend Brigadier General John Wesley Currier, managed somehow to snuggle Mama a phone in the nursing home on Mama’s 84th birthday, and I talked with his daughter and we tried to get our parents to have a nice visit, but Mama was too old to hear and it didn’t work out very well.

Mama smiled and said the only reason he called me was his wife died last year.

She laughed and said, he was a nice boyfriend when we were six.

But he was only a one star general, after all.

When Mama finally died I called him and he sent her the biggest floral arrangement I’ve ever seen, for her funeral.

A couple of nights before she died my mother confessed to me she’d had to break 18 different engagements in the summer of 1946 before she met Daddy.

My father only had to break one heart, to marry Mama.

(Not counting his own mother’s.:) )

BROKEN ENGAGEMENT

1996 Cox Family version

The men who run an old time Christian Church, like girls a whole bunch.

But they have extremely high standards which pretty girl they marry to take over washing their underwear, and the girl their children will call Mama, you know?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:36 am 
Crown Grade

Matthew 24:11
[Jesus] Many false prophets will arise and will mislead many.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:28 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

chucka wrote:
Matthew 24:11
[Jesus] Many false prophets will arise and will mislead many.

That’s why an old time Christian Church never will fall for any.

They surely are out there, in Satan’s service, and they aren’t posing as the Devil’s dark angels.

A whole bunch of them have their own huge, beautiful churches,,,and always with a great big old tall steeple, usually with a cross on top.

In this world, you should never say never, but I can’t imagine a true, old time, well ran, well established, Christian Church with a tall steeple with a cross on top.

The Humansville Christian Church has a small belfry. It’s not a steeple.

About a mile east of the church is a little stream named Brush Creek.

I can remember one sermon, when I was 13, and the preacher’s 15 year old daughter was looking pretty good to me, and she was smiling back,,,

(There seemed to be a rule all our preachers were married, with children. All of them, no exceptions ever made.)

Daddy opened up the services, did the preliminaries, and turned the service over to the preacher.

The preacher had his 15 year old daughter bring up some arrowheads their family had found in Brush Creek that week.

He showed them to us, and said when Christ spoke on the Mount of Olives, on the other side of the world, there were Indians over here down by Brush Creek making arrowheads.

The day Christ died was just another April day for them, down along Brush Creek.

Then he leaned low and whispered

They were just the same people, as we are this day,,,

In all ways

By every measurement

They laughed and cried and fell in love and the men provided for their families and the women wore pretty clothes and they loved each other enough,,,

Somebody made the arrowheads!

Somebody washed their clothes

Somebody sewed their clothes

And somebody rocked the babies, and sang then sweet lullabies

A somebody kept the fires burning.

He looked up and around the church and said I’m sure, it wasn’t the boys that kept those teepees as beautifully spotless as this big pile of boards and singles that will also someday fall down.

A church without families is like Adam without Eve.

Who do think got tired of wearing those fig leaves, and sewed up a man his first pair of underwear.:)

Fifty years later, I still recall how we understood Christ’s church is all about families.

And raising up the children right In His Service:

THE ANGELS REJOICED

False prophets have no respect for women in the church.

They listen to darker angels, who don’t crave a woman’s tender touch.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:38 pm 
Crown Grade

2 Corinthians 11
14 No wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. 15 Therefore it is not surprising if his servants also disguise themselves as servants of righteousness, whose end will be according to their deeds.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:50 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Turkinator wrote:
lossking wrote:

Crackpot extremists deserve zero credence.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:04 pm 
Crown Grade

lossking wrote:
Turkinator wrote:
lossking wrote:

Crackpot extremists deserve zero credence.

His goofy nonsense shouldn’t be welcomed on a Christian forum. Just like his anti gun leftist nonsense should have no place on a gun control forum. He must be a real work of art in person . But remember campbellites , he’s your spokesman on here.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:11 pm 
Crown Grade

I’ll try to get my thread back on track again. For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared unto all men, teaching them that denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we are to live soberly, righteously and Godly in this present world.Fortunatly for one on here being Raised by a campbellite church boss and a bossy harpy doesn’t exclude you from God’s Grace. It’s free, but it was never cheap. It took a cross to purchase it

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:36 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Turkinator wrote:
I’ll try to get my thread back on track again. For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared unto all men, teaching them that denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we are to live soberly, righteously and Godly in this present world.Fortunatly for one on here being Raised by a campbellite church boss and a bossy harpy doesn’t exclude you from God’s Grace. It’s free, but it was never cheap. It took a cross to purchase it

The biggest problem modern day Christianity faces isn’t some squabbles between professing self identified Christians over faith vs works or how much a Christian should follow Paul or stick to the Mount of Olives.

When I was a kid, over 95% of Americans said they were some brand or another of Christian.

Nondenominational Christians were less than 1%, but then that 1% were true old time Foot of the Cross Campbellite type Christians, only. We are so conservative we don’t allow Paul in sermons, because he might corrupt impressionable young boys. No Campbelite Deacon has to worry about a perverted older man in church molesting him like he would if he was an altar boy. And our girls don’t suffer from wanting “bad boys” to waste all their youthful beauty on, either. They want a man to cherish and adore them as their father does their mother.

Liberal Christians, who drink from the same common cup and wear hippy clothes and talk endless love and peace instead of traditional family values,,,have suffered a huge decline.

When I was a kid Southern Baptists were the big growing congregation and they were considered born again “evangelicals”. But even Billy Graham preached the Sermon on the Mount and had wonderful choirs and presented a good family oriented Christian show, without any hateful ideology whatsoever.

In the lifetime of those of us born from 1946 to 1964, the baby boomers, the population has doubled.

But the fastest growing religion is none of the above.

https://www.pewforum.org/2019/10/17/in- ... apid-pace/

The religious landscape of the United States continues to change at a rapid clip. In Pew Research Center telephone surveys conducted in 2018 and 2019, 65% of American adults describe themselves as Christians when asked about their religion, down 12 percentage points over the past decade. Meanwhile, the religiously unaffiliated share of the population, consisting of people who describe their religious identity as atheist, agnostic or “nothing in particular,” now stands at 26%, up from 17% in 2009.

—-

Almost fifty years ago, I went to the preacher’s study and we discussed,,,

What if, the atheists win?

Even then atheism was growing faster than any Christian sect, or any other religion for that matter.

One of the most cherished hopes of Campbelites has always been that since public education has just devastated pure superstition replacing it with science, that as the world gets more educated and literate by means of public education that eventually every Christian on this earth, will be just a Christian, only. Denominations of Christians, will vanish.

All Christians will regard Christ alone as their Savior, and not words in books.

We’ll all stand together on the Mount of Olives, in other words.

But, what if in another two thousand years not one soul believes Christ was the Son of God, or in any God at all?

No soul alive believes in the Roman Gods Pontius Pilate worshiped, or the Greek gods Paul’s Greek friends worshipped.

The preacher said I don’t believe that will happen, and the Christian Churches will win.

But if I’m wrong, he said the Christian Churches will still win,,,

Because every schoolchild in the world will learn the Sermon on the Mount and the Olivet Discourses in mythology classes like we teach them and Greek and Roman gods.

I am sure and certain the life of Christ and His ministry is all true.

What Christians must do, and will do, is teach the world to read the gospels as a true story of selfless service to humanity, and not as religious scripture to follow or debate.

Christ stood on the Mount of Olives and told all the world how to find eternal life.

Whatever you do or don’t do into the least of us,

Is how you’ll be rewarded by God.

Serve others and live forever

Or serve yourself and perish in flames

Anything else about the life of Christ is the most beautiful story ever told, but not essential to His message.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 151 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next