ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Yildiz Sporting??
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:28 pm 
Utility Grade

I greased and lubricated it before and after shooting :)

Post subject: Re: Yildiz Sporting??
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:11 pm 
Utility Grade

Out of curiosity I stopped by the local Academy and gave one a look over.

I'm pretty sure that apart from the receiver etchings, it's pretty much what Yildiz has listed on their site as the MX Trap. Now, I do see fairly recent European references to an MX Clays, so maybe Yildiz has renamed it and not updated their site, which doesn't show an MX Clays.

My impression was pretty favorable. It has the steel receiver, and that combined with the 30" barrels and more mass in the stock, should make it much more suitable for target shooting than the field models. For me, even with comb all the way down it was still high enough to get my line of sight slightly above the rib. So, it shouldn't be much of a trick to get it patterning high enough for trap.

If I was looking for a Turkish made target gun, and wanting to save a little more money than going CZ, I'd be looking hard at this HPS Sporting and the Weatherby Orion Sporting, and it'd probably come down to personal fit.