ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: SPZ ME 20 trigger problem
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:05 pm 
Utility Grade

Yesterday my son's shotgun would shoot one barrel and then nothing would happen when he pulled the trigger for the second shot. It didn't matter if he shot the top or bottom first, the same outcome occurred.

When I got home, I opened the barrels to set the triggers. With the gun unloaded it fired both barrels. I did this numerous times to reproduce the failure and couldn't. Any thoughts?

Post subject: Re: SPZ ME 20 trigger problem
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:19 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I am not a fan of the triggers on these guns, they do require a full reset of the finger. You need to completely lift your finger all the way off the trigger to get a reset.

We took the gun out this weekend and twice had a failure to shoot the second barrel.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:54 am 
Crown Grade

The problem is fairly common. I had it occasionally on my 12 ga going only from bottom to top. Never a problem when going from top to bottom. Briley, the warranty service agent for Academy/Yildiz fixed it up for me, no problem. In warranty. I think you are supposed to take it to Academy for them to send it to Briley if you don’t live in Houston.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:34 pm 
Utility Grade

Thanks for the replies. I was hoping it was something I could fix because the warranty was up in September.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:39 pm 
Crown Grade

SPM wrote:
Thanks for the replies. I was hoping it was something I could fix because the warranty was up in September.

I get that, but I would inquire at Academy to see if they will cut you some slack.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:58 pm 
Utility Grade

My SPZ ME 28 will fire each time on the first shot. On the second shot you have to hit it twice or wait. Is this what you are talking about.