ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: FTF Yildiz SPZ M
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:53 pm 
Utility Grade

Hello,

I am a casual hunter that shoot less than 150 rounds a year. I bought my Yildiz 4 years ago. I love its handling and the way it suits me when pulling the trigger. Got 4 ducks out of 6 shells yesterday.

That being said... Occasionnaly it will not fire the second shot... Happened yesterday again on a rapid following shot (well... a following no shot...).

What can cause it? Should I clean the receiver (never did it)? Bring it to a gunsmith?

Thanks,

Courlis

Post subject: Re: FTF Yildiz SPZ M
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:01 pm 
Utility Grade

For a start:

Take the buttstock off and put some oil on the internals.

You'll need a common philips screwdriver and a metric hex driver set and an extension.

Put some grease on the screwdriver, red grease from Walmart or some Lithium grease, not oil. You have to remove the recoil pad first and you don't want to stretch the holes that the recoil pad screws are in.

Once you have your screwdriver greased up them unscrew the pad from the stock. Note: you don't want to remove the screws from the pad. I repeat: the screws should remain in the pad.

Now you have the pad off you need to remove the stock bolt that holds the stock on the receiver. I don't remember what size hex driver you need but it's something like 8mm or 10mm. Remove the stock bolt then you can remove the stock. The stock will be on pretty tight so be careful you do not damage it.

You should now be able to see the internal workings of the receiver. Spray some oil in there and wipe off the excess.

Before you reassemble the stock to the receiver, I would put some boiled linseed oil on your finger and rub it in to the exposed wood in the inside of the stock. What I found was that Yildiz only finishes the stocks on the outside.

Take your reassembled firearm and test fire it. If you have another Failure to Fire, then you need to take it back to where you bought it and have them send it out to get it fixed. You could have a broken firing pin or a broken firing pin spring.

Good luck!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:22 pm 
Utility Grade

Many thanks for the detailed and sound advice, will follow it.

Regarding a broken pin or spring, wouldn't it cause a permanent misfire instead of one once awhile?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:39 pm 
Tournament Grade

I agree with the above recommendation but I would push out the firing pin rentintion pins, remove the firing pins and lightly oil them and the springs. I also took out the top lever and wiped it with greae and reinstalled.

Check out the thread DIY polish. It does a great job of walking you through the process. I just bumped it to the top of the foru.

I did this prior to ever shooting my SPZ ME. Over 25,000 rounds and never a FTF ( or doubling) on either barrel.

Good luck with it, great gun!