ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My Yildiz opinion
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:07 am 
Utility Grade

I went to Academy sport’s today with the full intention of buying one. I’ve been using a borrowed Browning CXS. I was very disappointed in the feel of the Yildiz. It was like I was holding a toy. Very light, even though I held the aluminum and steel receiver. It just felt cheap. And it was cheap. That’s why I wanted it. Lol.

Anyone looking to buy one, make sure you handle it first. The gun migh5 be great. Just wasn’t for me.

Post subject: Re: My Yildiz opinion
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:31 am 
Limited Edition

I have compared my friend’s Yildiz to my Beretta. Steel receiver. (The aluminum receiver is a poor choice.) Identical weight. Similar feel. A trimmer butt stock and fore end that are more comfortable for my medium sized hands. Nothing cheap about it except the price in my opinion.

If you considered the aluminum receiver gun for clay games shooting, you made a mistake.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:27 pm 
Field Grade

USARich wrote:
I went to Academy sport’s today with the full intention of buying one. I’ve been using a borrowed Browning CXS. I was very disappointed in the feel of the Yildiz. It was like I was holding a toy. Very light, even though I held the aluminum and steel receiver. It just felt cheap. And it was cheap. That’s why I wanted it. Lol.

Anyone looking to buy one, make sure you handle it first. The gun migh5 be great. Just wasn’t for me.

That's because you got accustomed to dancing with a Citori - they're kinda hefty. ;-)

If you could've handled the HPS Sporting model, it may have felt more familiar. Maybe a different Academy in your area would have one.

Since you're looking to save some money via the Turkish route, I'd recommend you also look at the Weatherby Orion Sporting. They're all steel, with an action design similar to the Beretta 686. And you'd have Weatherby backing the warranty.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:41 pm 
Limited Edition

F*W*F wrote:
USARich wrote:

That's because you got accustomed to dancing with a Citori - they're kinda hefty. ;-)

If you could've handled the HPS Sporting model, it may have felt more familiar. Maybe a different Academy in your area would have one.

Since you're looking to save some money via the Turkish route, I'd recommend you also look at the Weatherby Orion Sporting. They're all steel, with an action design similar to the Beretta 686. And you'd have Weatherby backing the warranty.

Yildiz dots those Is and crosses those Ts too. They have the far better steel model And Briley is their warranty agent in the US. Great service there. The alloy receiver model gets all the press, but that is stupid for clays. The steel is the way to go.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:02 pm 
Crown Grade

friend of a friend wrote:
I have compared my friend’s Yildiz to my Beretta. Steel receiver. (The aluminum receiver is a poor choice.) Identical weight. Similar feel. A trimmer butt stock and fore end that are more comfortable for my medium sized hands. Nothing cheap about it except the price in my opinion.

If you considered the aluminum receiver gun for clay games shooting, you made a mistake.

You mean your Yidiz.......;-)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:13 am 
Limited Edition

Rooster booster wrote:

You mean your Yidiz.......;-)

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=yo ... &FORM=VIRE

"What will I do when you are gone?
Who's gonna tell me the truth?
Who's gonna finish the stories I start,
The way you always do?

When somebody knocks at the door,
Someone new walks in
I will smile and shake their hands,
But you can't make old friends

You can't make old friends
Can't make old friends
It was me and you, since way back when
But you can't make old friends."

{hs#

With thanks to Ms. Dolly and Kenny.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:12 am 
Field Grade

Yildiz dots those Is and crosses those Ts too. They have the far better steel model And Briley is their warranty agent in the US. Great service there. The alloy receiver model gets all the press, but that is stupid for clays. The steel is the way to go.

Hey, I've no personal investment in the current Orions. I just think the ATA SP seems like an above average Turkish shotgun, and I've read generally favorable reports of Weatherby CS. And the Orion Sporting is nicely configured for the money.

I do own three Yildiz O/U's: an SPZ ME Steel, HPS Sporting, and 20 ga Legacy HP. I did handle an Orion Sporting before I bought the HPS Sporting. The Orion felt good, but the HPS Sporting felt more like a trap gun, and that was to be its primary intended use.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:20 am 
Utility Grade

Oops. I apologize if I disrespected anybody’s gun choice. I was saying about the Yildiz, I handled it, looked and it, swung it, totally hated it. I recommend what ever gun you buy, try it, see it, Mount it. You might love or hate it. That’s what I was saying.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:04 am 
Limited Edition

USARich wrote:
Oops. I apologize if I disrespected anybody’s gun choice. I was saying about the Yildiz, I handled it, looked and it, swung it, totally hated it. I recommend what ever gun you buy, try it, see it, Mount it. You might love or hate it. That’s what I was saying.

Not at all. Your opinion is as good as anyone’s. Just mentioning disagreement.