ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Hunting grouse with my 1913 L.C. Smith 20 gauge
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:10 pm 
Utility Grade

I took the 20 gauge LC out and patterned it using the RST ammo and some low brass, modern ammo...both with number six shot. The RST ammo was the obvious winner. The modern ammo wasn't bad, just left some gaps in the pattern. At thirty yards the RST ammo put all of it's pellets in a thirty-inch circle. I will get some of the Polywad Spreader loads and be confident in the woods this fall. I like this 20 gauge so much that I'm selling the LC 12 (field grade made in 1899) Thanks fellas!