ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Removing Plastic Wad fouling from Barrels
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:13 pm 
Diamond Grade

Shooter's Choice Shotgun and Choke Cleaner is excellent. A few years ago I found some at my local gun shop and it turned plastic fouling into a goo and was easily removed. Wish I could find it there again. Also want to say that it is much easier to clean my Krieghoff barrel and choke tube than my Brownings, which have rougher chambers and tubes.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:05 pm 
Crown Grade

twohigh wrote:
Shooter's Choice Shotgun and Choke Cleaner is excellent. A few years ago I found some at my local gun shop and it turned plastic fouling into a goo and was easily removed. Wish I could find it there again. Also want to say that it is much easier to clean my Krieghoff barrel and choke tube than my Brownings, which have rougher chambers and tubes.

I ordered some Shooter's Choice solvent (MC-7) from Midway.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience, George Carlin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:10 am 
Tournament Grade

My experience is that he shooters choice MC-7 does not clean plastic wad fouling nearly as well as their dedicated shotgun and choke cleaner.