Shotgun Forum banner

Ordered!!!

5K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  Cooper4141 
#1 ·
Thanks all for your opinions and recommendations through this process. I finally pulled the trigger on a new K-80 Sporting with vintage scroll engraving and nitride finish. I ordered from Mr. Paxton and what a pleasure he has been to deal with. He has the action and the wood is at KI. I probably won't have it for a few weeks to get everything put together. I can't wait!!!!

#8 ·
Yes it came. I have shot around 1200 rnds through it and have trigger lever issues. Randomly it will not fire or open. I actually drove to Ottsville yesterday for a gun smith to look at it(8 hour round trip). Gun smith was waiting for me and went through it while I waited. Found nothing, changed a part in the selector. He also thought I may be hitting saftey. So the smith locked the safety off.. Drove home, shot it, and in one box of shells it locked up twice. Now I have to mail it back to them...needless to say I am not real happy after spending this kind of money on a gun...I know things happen. I just don't know what to even say at this point. I hope it comes back fixed after I mail it off.

#9 ·
Oh man sorry to hear that. I'd be upset as well. When you say trigger lever do you mean the top lever that opens the gun won't move? I could see how maybe the selector might cause an issue with not firing but not how the gun wouldn't open.

Doubt you're hitting the safety and wouldn't be particularly happy about having to lock it off even if it never gets used.

After failing to fire did you find the safety was on? Would the trigger not pull at all or did it pull and nothing happened?

#10 ·
Trigger won't pull or top lever open. If you push trigger forward after it locks up it will then open and fire. I told them that yesterday while I was there. They found nothing wrong mechanically. That is why he locked the safety off-thinking I was hitting it. I know I wasn't. I told them I actually slid safety on and off when it happen the 1st couple times it happened and it still would not open. What is concerning is when I called back the smith said he has no idea what would be causing it now that he has went through the gun. I am trying to not get to concerned yet but it is concerning.

#11 ·
Ah so it's not resetting properly!

Do you feel a 'click' when you push it forward on these occasions?

I feel like you've given them enough info to get to the bottom of this. Can't be but so many things that involve the trigger not resetting fully and blocking the top lever.

This will get resolved and you'll fall in love. Sucks you gotta deal with it but try to be patient!

#14 ·
My safety was locked off, and the one time when I shot, couldn't open the gun. PA fixed it. Only issue I have is when I shoot one barrel first for a long time, I'll get a harder trigger pull. So I have to switch it around couple of times when I shoot. I use M/M all the time. Shoot Parcour extreme chokes...

#16 ·
Cooper4141 said:
Yes it came. I have shot around 1200 rnds through it and have trigger lever issues. Randomly it will not fire or open. I actually drove to Ottsville yesterday for a gun smith to look at it(8 hour round trip). Gun smith was waiting for me and went through it while I waited. Found nothing, changed a part in the selector. He also thought I may be hitting saftey. So the smith locked the safety off.. Drove home, shot it, and in one box of shells it locked up twice. Now I have to mail it back to them...needless to say I am not real happy after spending this kind of money on a gun...I know things happen. I just don't know what to even say at this point. I hope it comes back fixed after I mail it off.
And this is a $30,000 gun that won't operate? I have shot for the last 5 years with a guy that shoots $500 Baikal and never had a hiccup. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sounds like buying a $120,000 Mercedes that won't run, and I drive 30,000 a year in my $25,000 car. I'll pass on the overpriced things hitting the market.

#17 ·
Halwg said:
Cooper4141 said:
And this is a $30,000 gun that won't operate? I have shot for the last 5 years with a guy that shoots $500 Baikal and never had a hiccup. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sounds like buying a $120,000 Mercedes that won't run, and I drive 30,000 a year in my $25,000 car. I'll pass on the overpriced things hitting the market.
And I've owned and 870 that's pushing 60 years old, and it's never had an issue. And I've also owned another, that's had all manner of issues. Your analogy is so far off, it's hilarious.

#18 ·
I just received my gun back this evening. I got it back in less than 2 weeks and that includes shipping. I am really pleased with the fast turnaround. The work order inside said "adjusted sears and polished pear". I just fired 50 rounds switching the selector every which way I could in-between shots. No problems thus far. I will get 150 to 200 shot this weekend. Keeping my fingers crossed.

#20 ·
Halwg said:
Cooper4141 said:

First off, I don't think the OP paid $30K for the gun he described. If he did, he was grossly overcharged (which I feel certain was not the case if dealing with Paxton)

Secondly, your comparison of a $120K Mercedes and a Krieghoff is also off base. The Mercedes at that price has hundreds of moving parts and is designed to be a performance vehicle. A Krieghoff, any Krieghoff, is designed and built to be a tank when it comes to repeated operation over tens of thousands of rounds.

Any "machine"can fail. Hopefully Ottsville folks figured out and fixed the problem. If they can't it's not likely anyone else can.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.