ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rizzini Gunsmithing Contact
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:16 am 
Field Grade

JUST AN FYI....I had a pretty bad issue with Rizzini NEA 600 in 28 bore. After multiple phone calls and dead ends... Rizzini Importers in Texas gave me the name Slaughter Gunsmithing in Az. I contacted them and my fore-arm is on the way there for repair. The cocking pin on the fore arm is made of a "pot-metal" and broke after "thousands of rounds" over a 14 yrs of use. He immediatley explained to me the issue and told me to send it to them, which I have done.

My experience was a positive one and just wanted to let you guys know. Rizzini USA still has not called me back. Hope this helps if someone needs work done on an older model Rizzini or may need a source for parts(he is a mechanist also and makes parts).....

Post subject: Re: Rizzini Gunsmithing Contact
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:27 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

This is good info. It seems that B. Rizzini has had a checkered history in the states with respect to satisfying their importers and distributors. I have a 12 gauge Aurora by them labelled Sig Arms, that was imported a couple of decades ago. It's a robust, very well made, good looking gun and has never given me a problem. But it's nice to know that I can get it fixed should the unexpected happen.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:36 am 
Diamond Grade

“Pot-metal”. I’m not happy to hear that as I own a Rizzini. Well, maybe not much longer.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:00 pm 
Tournament Grade

Sprighunter, did you call Rizzini USA about the NEA gun or another gun you own? That gun was made by FAIR which is now imported by Italian Arms Group.

In case you are not aware, Rizzini USA imports B Rizzini guns. I have heard others have not had much luck getting responses from them, but I have not had too much difficulty getting in touch with them.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:33 am 
Field Grade

Rizzini USA never called me back and the FAIR distributor in Texas gave me Slaughter Gunsmithing name.
This gun is 20+ years old and pot-metal was commonly used on these models for certain parts , but not in the more modern guns. This gun has been hunted and used a lot more than your average 28 ga. I do not have a problem with this repair and it in no way affects my opinion on Rizzini. I would buy another one tomorrow.....