ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: BR110 or Aurum for upland hunting.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:44 am 
Utility Grade

Hey all,

I've been bitten by the 16 gauge bug and I've always wanted a Rizzini. Figured I'd kill two birds with one stone.

I dig the basic setup of the BR110, but prefer a non blued (Cerakote?) receiver. The Aurum is available with a case colored or coin finished receiver, but I can do without all the fancy engraving (although I have to say the Aurum has one of my fave engraving scenes / jobs).

So here's my question, is the extra $1k or so worth it on the Aurum?

Cheers

Post subject: Re: BR110 or Aurum for upland hunting.
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:03 am 
Diamond Grade

If it’s what you want, it’s worth it. You sound like you’d be settling for less than you want by going cheap. The BR110 is a great gun, I had one but if the Aurum checks the boxes, you’d regret not getting one.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:04 am 
Utility Grade

EricB wrote:
If it’s what you want, it’s worth it. You sound like you’d be settling for less than you want by going cheap. The BR110 is a great gun, I had one but if the Aurum checks the boxes, you’d regret not getting one.

EricB,

Thanks for the response. I was literally having the same conversation with myself. I know from past experiences if I go cheap, I wind up kicking myself in the a$$ and getting the more expensive one anyway lol.

Just out of curiosity, what gauge did you get?

Cheers

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:16 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

I went with the coin finished Arum 16, and I could not be happier. It’s a light gun, so it’s great for the field. I also shoot clays with mine. The engraving is the very best machine engraving that I have ever seen. No complaints here!

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:50 am 
Diamond Grade

Novak77 wrote:
EricB wrote:

EricB,

Thanks for the response. I was literally having the same conversation with myself. I know from past experiences if I go cheap, I wind up kicking myself in the a$$ and getting the more expensive one anyway lol.

Just out of curiosity, what gauge did you get?

Cheers

Mine was a 12. Very nice gun but the stock was a bit long and I didn’t want to modify it, so I sold it. I also decided I don’t care for the schnabel fore end.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:01 am 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

My stock was a bit long as well so Rizzini sent me a thinner pad for free

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:20 am 
Diamond Grade

The pad on mine wasn’t very thick. Removing it completely didn’t bring it down to 14-1/2” & I need about 14-1/4”

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:33 pm 
Utility Grade

Gentlemen,

I want to thank you both. I've got an email into Rizzini right now on a 16ga Aurum :D

Cheers

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:28 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

You will be very pleased with it, and it is also a very handsome shotgun!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:51 pm 
Diamond Grade

Way to go!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:08 pm 
Utility Grade

I saw you made choice, congrats. I have a round body in 16 ga and its very nice. Thinking of moving to Regal Deluxe.

Wanted to note for others that the BR 110 in 16 ga is, I believe, on a 12 ga frame. Unlike their other 16 ga models.