ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ithaca/SKB model 100 barrel ?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:39 am 
Utility Grade

I recently picked up a 20ga model 100 and the barrels are full and mod.

I'd like to open them up or have screw in chokes installed. Seeing as the O.D. is right on the .700 diameter would the barrels need to be shortened in order to run screw in chokes?

The reason I want to do this is because of the non toxic shot requirements on our DNR lands and the gun will be used for a variety of situations. Upland, waterfowl, and small critters.

I know call Mike, just want to see if anybody else has done this and how it worked out.

Post subject: Re: Ithaca/SKB model 100 barrel ?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:27 pm 
Utility Grade

I sent my Model 100 with 28 in barrels to Briley about 10 years ago and had Thin Wall chokes installed. I am well pleased. No, the barrels did not have to be shortened.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:56 am 
Utility Grade

Jabez wrote:
I sent my Model 100 with 28 in barrels to Briley about 10 years ago and had Thin Wall chokes installed. I am well pleased. No, the barrels did not have to be shortened.

Thank you.

Are you able to run steel with those thin walls?

Otherwise, I think I am just going run bismuth for now and see if I like the gun overall.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:28 pm 
Utility Grade

Yes, my thin walls are labeled steel. I think you have to request them. I am not a big steel shooter but have shot Kent number 4 and BlackCloud number 2 in them.Less than a box total. I have 2 Ithica/Skb both in 20 gauge. I have shot a lot of shells in the gun with 28"barrels on dove, quail , and woodcock. Just a couple of times at Wood Duck. The other gun has 25in barrels improved and Modified. Unfortunately my wife now claims it. :D

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:33 pm 
Field Grade

I sent mine to Mike and had them opened up. Mike told me most SKB barrels are to thin to install tubes in.