Shotgun Forum banner

Bought a 690 in .410 bore

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Alangaq 
#1 ·
Very well pleased with the fit of wood to metal, nice finish, all though I prefer oil finishes on wood. Wood is pretty plain just a little tiger stripe in the fore arm, for this price I did not expect fancy wood. Metal work is very nicely done, chokes are Mobil chokes which is nice as it gives one many aftermarket choices. Triggers are every bit as good as my Italian guns.
Is very tight and I mean very tight. Overall I look forward to many outings at the skeet range, so far it breaks those claybirds well. No automatic safety, brass front bead, nice rib, and the one I got seems to have just the slightest bit of cast off I am right handed so that is good. I do not post a lot but I looked hard for info on this gun and couldn't find much, so I am just giving my opinion as a 60 year veteran of shooting, and owner of multiple shotguns and a fan of the mighty .410 bore.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.