ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Benelli M2 cycling issues
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:44 pm 
Field Grade

Howdy,

Posted about this on the Benelli forum but hoping to get a little more insight here. I've got an M2 approximately 5 years old ... maybe 1000 - 1500 rounds through it. Having significant issues this hunting season with the bolt not completely locking up. Can happen with initial loading and pressing of bolt release (then can't feed 2nd shell into magazine) as well as after first shot fired it will cycle but fail to completely lock up so second shot can't be fired. I've disassembled and cleaned the bolt and receiver is also clean. After this failed to improve the problem I dismantled the stock to get at the recoil spring ... not surprisingly there was a little bit of crud so I cleaned spring and tube and very lightly lubricated. Unfortunately this didn't make a difference. It appears to me that the action is slow and I suspect a weak spring (not sure how to test this). Now I know its a different operating system but the action on my A400 closes WAY faster and with WAY more force. Figured I'd try a Wolff spring but unfortunately they're not shipping to Canada right now. Anything I might be missing or any other suggestions? I wouldn't think any reason to replace the inertia spring?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Benelli M2 cycling issues
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:45 am 
Field Grade

I tried cleaning and lubing too when mine got picky about closing. Didn't help much so replaced the stock spring and all is well. Had put a lot more rounds thru mine tho shooting trap and skeet as well as hunting.

Post subject: Re: Benelli M2 cycling issues
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:28 am 
Limited Edition

Replacing the mainspring will be a cheap and easy thing to try. It worked for ND Guy.
There really isn't much to these inertia guns in the first place and quite frankly assuming everything is moving freely, the spring is about the only thing it can be.

tp

12/26" ATI Cavalry (hey, it shoots...usually)