ShotGunWorld Shotguns

It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Cynergy- Complete Receiver Tear Down w/Pics
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:26 am 
Limited Edition

Rastoff wrote:

First I'd like to point out the names of certain parts. This way we're all on the same page.
These numbers are taken right out of Browning's Parts List so, they are the same terms that Browning would use.
20 Firing Pin Cross Pin
38 Inertia Mass
40 Locking Cam
41 Locking Cam Screw
44 Locking Pin Left (the right one is #45)
48 Rocker
49 Rocker Pin
54 Sear Link
67 Striker Left (the right one is #70)
69 Striker Nut
71 Striker Spring
76 Top Lever
81 Top Lever Spring
82 Top Lever Spring Stop
90 Trigger Link
I forgot to number it, but the part left of #81 and above #41 is the Trigger Disconnector (#87). (Yes, we will be talking about this part.)

Hey guys -

My Cynergy Sporting is going on 20k+ shells, and I've had an issue starting - that I think I have the solution to.

So the problem is I've started to have a FTF on the second shot (hammer doesn't drop, no click, odd feeling slack trigger). This has been happening with 20ga and 410 tubes.

Last night at skeet league, on my last station 6 it started doing this, and would not work for the remainder of the round.

Took the stock off, and pulled the trigger to see what it was doing - it fired both shots! Nothing looks amiss, no broken springs, no sheared parts or missing pins.

Put everything back together - its dry firing fine.

I started to wonder what could cause it... Thought about the internal parts and how they work, and have decided that my barrel must not have been locking completely shut, the Locking lugs must not have been going fully into battery (There was some crud in there - or maybe the tubes weren't completely flush), which caused the top lever to remain slightly open. If the top lever stops in a certain place, the "Trigger Disconnector"? (the little black rod just in front of Part #90) will allow the first barrel to fire, but the trigger linkage can't travel forward to engage the second rocker, because that disconnector is in contact.

So I cleaned out the locking lug slots in the barrels, and made sure the tubes are flush so that the top lever can travel completely shut. Also - as far as I know I allow the lever to "Snap" shut when the action is closed - I'll have to make sure I don't ease it closed.

Thought this would be a good addition as to why you want to keep this area clean!

FYI - it wasn't "noticeably" open. If the top lever is 1/4-1/2" to the right of center you can get one barrel to fire and not the other - Try this on your cynergy - its an interesting phenomenon. :)

P.S. Does anyone think that this indicates the need for a new spring?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:24 pm 
Utility Grade

Hello, I noticed in the photo of all the parts that it looks like their are two plungers and a spring for the Top Lever disconnector? Is that true? If so, how are these parts positioned? I have my Cynergy apart and can't seem to figure this part out.

Thanks a bunch!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:24 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

Sorry, I didn't see this until today. I'm not sure what you're asking Mai302. There are no plungers on the top lever. Please look at the OP. I've numbered and named all the parts there. Take a look at that pic and tell me which parts you're having trouble with.

“Endeavor to clear your mind of can't.” - Francis P. Church

Col 4:6
Hate the ads? Become a Bonus Member, click here.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:17 pm 
Presentation Grade

I have an opinion about taking any gun apart that far. If you do, you didn't pay enough money for the gun in the first place! :-)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:10 pm 
*Proud to be a*
*Proud to be a*

The Cynergy may look complicated, and an Auto 5 may seem complicated, but to a Youtube search of Jack Rowe and Larry Potterfield, and then watch Jack completely disassemble and then re-assemble a fine English best double barrel shotgun. The ease with which he does is it is simply amazing, particularly when seemingly identical parts have an up and a down and a right and a left and some are even numbered so small that you need a hand lens to read the numbers.

"We pulled the trigger, the safety went forward, both barrels fired almost together, the gun opened, ejectors kicked the fired cases over our shoulder ...the most completely automatic gun we ever fired" Elmer Keith- Shotguns by Keith

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:29 pm 
Limited Edition

This is a great thread, thank you Rastoff .